How do I measure my camper?

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by roadkill636, Apr 5, 2009.

1. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    what is the correct way to measure a camper?
    My bumper pull camper measures 21' 8" long at the longest part of the siding, but measures a full 24' to the tip of the 2 5/16" ball hitch.
    do I have a 21' 22' or a 24' camper? just for when I go to list it for sale I'd like to list it correctly

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jeremy,All trailers,no matter what kind are allways measured from the hitch to the rear bumper ,total length. So most usable space is allways less that the specified length.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy you own a 24' trailer.:wink:

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I use to appraise mobile homes and campers and we measured them from the tongue to to rear. So, Reload is right on mark with his statement.

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Don't know about your Camper, but mine has numbers and letters on the side of the Camper by the rear Door.

It says 240RKS, which stands for-- 24ft Rear Kitchen,with a Slide out.. Mine measures 29ft from hitch to rear Bumper..

Hope this helps..

6. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller

Mine also has the number and is a Cherokee 29z the floor length/living space is 29'6'' od and 35' tongue to bumper, it is sold as a 29' travel trailer tongue tow. Found one on the net for sale http://www.usfreeads.com/1545178-cls.html :wink: Insurance and DMV may look at it a different way