How do I find flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by iam2hi2flyinky, Aug 24, 2007.

1. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i can hardly ever catch flats im on the ohio river so i know there here i catch nice blues but thats it mostly i tried some advice on here and all i got was gar some1 HELP ME PLEASE. im dieing to catch one of those monster flats

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Eric - Calm down, take a deep breath, everything will be fine! :eek:oooh: Give us some more info on your situation! Are you fishing from shore or boat? What kind of bait are you using? What type areas have you been targeting? The Ohio certainly has Flattys! The gentlemen on here will help once they know what your circumstances are! :cool2:

3. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ok i use drum, skipjacks, gills cut and live on the ohio river by cincinnti at th mouth of the licking. i know they are there just cant catch them i get blues and some nice ones at that and gar. this is where i live so i fish here from the bank. i got real nice gear and can get out there pretty good i have a boat but its a small 1 and i use it for lakes and small rivers dont feel comfortable takeing a 14 fter out with 15 hrs on the ohio at night. they bring in alot of barges right trew there and they would never c me and my boat aint fast enough to move out the way. i have a 35 hrp moter but its a bit much for this little boat going bigger when they get cheaper this winter right now all i have is a small tracker crappie. hopefully this will get u started. if u need more info just let me know. ive seen lots of 40+ ld flats come out of here they just dont seen to like me or something that im doing. ive got some small ones but i want the bigun ya know what i mean all help is welcome. i fished 4 cats all my life but for channels and blue mostly these flats are new to me. since i been here the size of my blue are up alot and i read all about flats and still cant get a big 1 and its bugging me lol