How do I clean an aluminum boat???

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by drpepper, Sep 3, 2009.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I Am bringing my unpainted (except for the inside) aluminum Blue fin outta retirement... Anybody know a good way to bring back that mirror aluminum shine back to a heavily oxidized aluminum boat?
    I have a 2500 psi pressure spayer that don't help a bit... lol

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Napa Auto Aluminum Wheel Cleaner??

But, why would you want a shiny fishing boat??

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My neighbor mr. Jones has one- lol. To be honest, I ain't got any reason other than just wanting to clean 'er up like it used to be. I'm weird like that :big_smile:

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    eagle one cast mag cleaner... it is a mild acid that will strip the aluminum then polish with mothers aluminum polish on a buffer.. .. just did one a few weeks ago that had been laying under a pine tree for about 10 years and it looks like new...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    'Tis your boat. Just seems that "shiny" is going to work against you.

But then, them bass guys like bright sparklely boats so what do I know??

I reckon it would be easier to reclean one than repaint one.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've got two other aluminum boats that I'll just leave with that dirty aluminum look.... unless I get bored.

7. line stretcher blues

line stretcher blues New Member

State:
    nc
    i bought a product called aluminum brite that works great , just spray on and hose off. I found it at a pool supply place in madin nc but can't remember the name of the place. it was 8.00 gal. you can find that kind of cleaner on the net but more expensive. workes great i used it on a pontoon i bought.

8. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    OHHH.... My friend, Im the SAME way... when I got my boat, it was spick and span, and I keep my boat in the streen on the side of my house, which is under a tree, but I keep it there because I can peek out my front window and its in sight so I can see if someone is around it messing around.
    But Under a tree, it gets pooped on by birds, leaves frm the tree, sticks,.... Drives me NUTS! :angry:

Bird crapped right on the fuel gauge!!!!
    If the city allowed it, I would bring out the big artilery! BB Guns!

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i use zephyr aluminum polish on a mothers power ball for all my aluminum wheeels and engine parts and it is great..the pwoer ball is worth the money and the zephyr stuff is at truck stops and has worked better for me than eagle, american racing, mothers, or never dull

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    You don't....You make Shane do it:smile2::smile2::smile2:...W

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  12. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There is a product that you can buy at any heating and AC place called Coil Bright. It will cut the oxide by just spraying it on and washing. And then you can use a polish if you like.

Follow directions because this stuff is pretty harsh.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Get a gallon of aluminum brightner from the local parts store,spray it on,hose it off. It wont be shiny ,but it will look better. I use the stuff on semi truck fuel tanks and wheels. works great.