How did you members choose your user name(Handle)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TOPS, Sep 8, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My name was taken from my years in the Army. A company first sergeant is sometimes called Top by the men and women of his company. Top being the highest enlisted rank in a company. E-8 by pay grade. master sergeant or first sergeant by formal talk.

2. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I got mine when I was working at Headquarters Naval Air Systems Command on the EA-6B (Prowler) program. The miliary people in the office used their "aviation names", "buff", "angel", "squirrel", etc and they kind of assigned names to the civilians also. As the oldest (in age) person in the office the old prowler designation was probably a natural. Well maybe not a natural, I was called a lot of other things that they could not use in mixed company that many seemed to think fit me better.

3. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    After I lost an eye and later returned to work, one of my cohorts dubbed me "cyclops cop". I used that as a net name until I retired, then clipped the cop part. It is easier to type than the tag my wife calls me... old one eyed (er, ah) offspring of questionable parentage. :frk-big:

Mike

4. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I'm big and my name is nick. 6ft 8in 250lbs

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    In the book "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West", our heroine's name is Elphaba. It tells the story of why she became wicked, and explains that really she was just misunderstood. Being likened to the Wicked Witch very often at my old job, I always had empathy for her. 7 is one of my favorite numbers.

The end.

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I've been called Griz most of my life, not sure why. :p

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I don't know why, but one of the guys I used to work with always called me T-Dawg. T for tony, dawg for, I don't know what. Kinda stuck. I am in Oklahoma so, TDawgNOk

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I picked my name up about 15 years ago on the job. It stuck with me. My friends call me dano and others calls me names that are against the BOC rules. LOL.

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i thought i would go out on a limb and try
    something over the top , original
    and cutting edge
    so i used my initials LOL

DRC

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I believe in and employ KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid.
    Mark J.

11. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Rainman got stuck on me in school, you know...the wonderful movie. And I added the 4u2 for something different.

Ray

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have been fasinated by the awsom power of Battle Ships since I was a small child. Dreadnaught was a nick-name for Battle Ships in WW II.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    OK.... I must admit that I breed as ahoby chihuahuas :cool: Ya'll know, thaose lil rats. lol ...Our kennel name is Daystar Chihuahua. So, I get daystarchis

14. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I dont really know why maybe because thats what they call me when I am called in on the carpet amoung other things.....

15. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I had 2 different call sings in the military 1 was Snakeman the other Gatorman and gator just stuck with me.

16. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    I got a Hard Head and sometimes Im stuck in my ways ...
    hence the name bull_head ... it also happens to be one of the
    fish I like to fish for ...

17. Danger_Ranger

Danger_Ranger New Member

Danger Ranger is actually my trucks nickname. I drive a Ford Ranger and my driving record hasn't exactly been all that great. People started calling my truck that so I figured it would be cool user-name.

18. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Three Rivers: area i fish

19. omots2

omots2 New Member

State:
    abrerdeen md
    I picked up my name from yhe old man we were a charter boat fmailey in del. I was always on the boat with dad sombody said something and it stuck now it fits O.M.O.T.S. means OLD MAN OF THE SEA. Wife says its right because im old and always on the water fishing.my job is even on the water. :)

20. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Boy, you all actually have reasons for your names??? What's with that?

On the first board I ever joined, I had to come up with a name. I couldn't think of anything, so I just typed a few keystrokes without looking and it typed up kutter. Gee, wish I had a good story like you all's. Give me some time, I'll make one up better than the one I just made up. LOL