How did you make out

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by billNpam, Jan 5, 2009.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Just curious how everyone made out this deer season. I ended with 4 deer 3 does and a spike. How did you do?

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I got a 8 point and a doe. Still need 3 doe before Sunday to fill all my tags.

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My husband got a spike, I got a doe, & our grandson got a doe. Plus, we had 3 deer given to us! One was from a friend who really didn't need another one, & the other 2 were hit by cars & given to us. So, we've got a freezer full!

4. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    2 does with a muzzleloader,let 2 8's and a 7 go on opening day of gun ( was'nt going to steal my son's glory, he got a doe ) , a doe 2 weeks later, then did'nt see a deer in the woods for 7 weeks ! Swore I'd shoot the next legal one and the day after Christmas the 7 walked out again... Man I hate it when that happens, I shoulda let it grow, but I did what I said I was gonna do... Did'nt see another deer the rest of the season !!! That'll teach me !!!!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My Son got a nice 4x3 mulie,My daughter didnt get to shoot,Though we had plenty of deer to shoot at,The bucks seemed to be muslim in nature and hid behind the does,:smile2: I never purchased a tag this year.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I got a 8 pt that I am going to mount. I never got to go doe hunting so I will probably run out of meat before next fall:sad2:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    nothing worth braggin on but we got plenty of meat.

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I ended up harvesting only one deer this year. Didn't get out much, but the buck, which was a 4x4, was shot the second time on stand. Still had a doe tag, but didn't get a shot a one. Weird year for me. The weather, wind played a big part in my hunting this year. Weekend warrior. the buck is shown in the my profile picture.

Thanks..

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Copy that here, filled all my tags but didn't see anything big all season. Didn't hunt out of state this year.

10. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    All I got this year was one doe with my bow. Hopefully I will get another doe during the late winter firearm season.

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Got a 4 pt buck, bigger than I usually shoot, nothin to really brag about, other than 2 other guys I hunted with didn't even see anything, and one guy shot 2 does but one got away. The area we hunt is public and hard to hunt. After the first weekend the deer are hard to find, and stay in cover. They do come out, but seems mostly bucks running straight out lookin for does, and mostly at night.

12. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I only got out 1 day this season. I got a doe.

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i got no complaints! i made a lot of mistakes this year, just got too excited i guess. through all my bumbling along i managed to get deer and a hog in the freezer. we're set for awhile!

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Season was slow. Didn't get to pick and choose. I got a doe, and a button buck. Gooood eats.

15. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Our family has filled our freezers with 6 deer so far this year, but it seems that we are eating them pretty quickly, as well as giving some away, so I may shoot another with my bow to make up for it. I didn't kill a buck this year. I saw many many bucks, but nothing was big enough to put on the wall. This was the most unlucky season of my life for me when it comes to buck hunting. That's a whole other story in itself.

16. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    2 does no horns .

17. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Horns ain't got much flavor anyway......Ha!

18. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went several times and was hunting 1 specific buck I had several pictures of. I heard 2 shots one afternoon fairly close and Never got anymore pictures of the Big buck. Saw several small bucks and let them walk. First year since 1984 I didnt take a buck.....enjoyed the season.:big_smile:

19. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I had a pretty good season. I was lucky enough to harvest one axis doe, two white tail does, and a white tail spike. I also got four hogs in the freezer that were harvested during the deer season. Everything but the spike and hogs were downed with stick and string.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well with gun season and a couple killed by cars and a buddie giving me two i ended up with 8 ish.

got a stand up freezor so full you couldnt stick a lb of bacon in it. and aint nothing in it but venison. made 30 lbs of summer sausage, 10 lbs slim jims, and doing 30 lbs trail bologna this weekend. i get my own kits and smoke them myself. saved 4 hearts too. be a first for me. ive heard its good. i need to post a good venison pastrami recipe i used this fall. its great.