How did you find this site? (including the old BOC)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Just wondering.

I personally was searching for catfish something or other (in 2004) for my soulmate and found the old BOC. I read it from time to time but only signed up right before the switch to the new one. LOL. A day late and a dollar short.

The more I read and research, I find it is a very intelligent, informative, and hilarious site. It is different in so many aspects of any other site I have ever joined. I mainly belonged to only music sites or artist forums before but I have to say I enjoy this one the most and have been welcomed very nicely. Thanks Y'all.

:0a31: :0a23: :0a24:

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hi Cheryl, I was doing a search with the word catfish just to see what came up. I think the first one was the old site. I read for 3 days off of the old site and then saw a link to the new site. I read a few post here and there and just thought that this is a fourm I'd like to be involved in. I've never been on a fourm of any kind before this one. I mostly stayed on e-bay or some video site that had stupid human tricks on it.

3. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    My girlfriend was searching for something about catfish in 2004 and I've been here every since.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Happy 40th Birthday, Darlin'. May life be all you want from here till the end. Love and Hugs from here to there. :wub:

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Wish I knew more about ebay. Ordered some video sets once from a man in Canada. Was a tense business deal due to a fluke at ebay but it turned out well in the end. I kinda shy away from there now.

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

Thank You Sweetheart.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ya'll quit that, It's getting all squishy in here, LOL!!!

Was fishing with my little Brother when He told me about a website a friend of his went to for catfishing information. So I checked it out and, the rest is history :D :D !!!!

And Happy Birthday Swampy!!!

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Sorry Dreadnaught. Just ignore 2 love birds.

Our apologies.

9. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    D.M. Thanks Brother.

Sorry but you know how it is,hell man we are 600 miles apart & needing something! LOL

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Yes, EACH OTHER. I know it's only been 7 days since I left there, but 7 lonnnnnnnnnnnnng days. Night and have a great birthday.

11. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

i was looking for a club for mostly fishing and this looked like a friendly spot
    to read and learn and some times give a little info.i am a life member of north american fisherman,but this is where i come
    when i want to feel at home,and able to express my thoughts right or wrong
    KIRK :)

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I was doing a google search looking for information about Juglines. Just happened to find the old site, thought that I would setup an account just to get some information and then dump the account like I have done on many other forums. That didn't happen. Wound up meeting Mike one day for lunch at McDonald's and realized that this is MORE than just a forum, its a family. Been here ever since.

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I never spent time on the net, then after a night on the river and not catching fish, I came home and did a search on catfish. This site popped up and....well here I am.

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Like most of you, I'm allways looking for ways to improve and learn new ideas about catfishing. I too did a search and found the old site. I have learned countless new ways and have made many new friends since.

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I was searching for cat fishing info and found the old site. This was the best find I ever made.

16. chicagoriverking

chicagoriverking New Member

State:
    CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
    I Was Out On The River One Day And Only Caught 2 Cats Bout 2# Each Started Searching And Found The Old Site Then Came To This One It Has Helped Me A Lot In Catching Cats Since Reading The Posts I Have Caught Couple Cats In The Teens My Biggest Was 13lbs 4 Oz Thanks Catfish One And All The Members

17. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    July of 2002, I was reading everything I could find about cat fishing. I bought several books and thought about the internet and did a search. I found several catfish websites but most of the sites were not user friendly. I found the BOC and was hooked. The books that I read didn't have a 1/4 of the information in them that the BOC has. I don't think I have missed a single day being here. Do some of you old timers remember Paul's profile picture with the two pistols drawn?

Judy and I have made many many great friends that we love on the BOC, many of our friends will be life time friends. We fish together, camp together and visit each other although some or many miles for us. We have wonderful friends that we have never even met in person yet and hope to one day. I can't imagine what our life would be like now had we not found the BOC. It just don't get no better.

18. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    As I still do occasionally, I was surfing the web for new catfishing sites, and found the early version of this site, which wasn't even the BOC yet. I think that was about 1998, and there were fewer than 200 members.

19. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I Work with Paul so you tell me ..... LOL

20. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Has it only been 7 days,sure seems a lot longer then that.

I got the Flowers you sent,Thanks.