How did you do?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by mississippi man, Mar 2, 2008.

1. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I was just curious how everyone did this weekend with the wonderful break in the weather. I went out to the miss @ Alton and did not do so good. I netted a world record shad, it must have weighed at least 2 pounds. Anyway I got to run my boat and be outdoors and learned why its called fishing and not catching. There weren't alot of boats out. No fish just bait, but we had alot of fun.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Unfortunately, I did not get to go fishing. I did manage to buy some more tackle and equipment at Bass Pro during their sale. Picked up a new shimano rod and reel for my bait catching (bass) and odds n end things.

Working on a sign for our Rend Gathering this year. I think it will look just plain awesome. Hope it turns out how I am envisioning it!

Other than that, I think tomorrow will be jug making day and rigging up some things.

3. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Didn't cast any lines but scouted out acouple new possible spots.:cool2:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    A whole bunch of folks put in yesterday from Columbia Bottoms and further south all the way to Jefferson County. The bite was tough with only two fish reported that I know of. You were skunked right along with a bunch of other fine catfishermen.

I didn't go or it might have been a different report!:wink: Just kidding!

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Saturday was beautiful weather so I went trout fishing. Hada blast just relaxing out there. Caught a bunch of dinks and two of the biggest ones Ive seen this year. Tried again this morning but the wind was blowing like 40 so I went to Bass Pro for the big sale and had to hold myself back. I did walk out with a hard case for my flyrod and a new rubber net for carping and cats.

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    we went out caught danthefisherman caught a 18 pound flathead then the next night a 25 pound flat.:big_smile:we pulled in some nice striper as well.it was a good weekend,we didnt hook into any pigs but that 25 pounder was beautiful,real healthy.yes the weather was very nice.i hope next weekend is the same or better.:roll_eyes:

7. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    went to baldwin lake and caught whole bunch of small ones.saturday it was my sons second birthday .my son comes first and catten second

Attached Files:

• 3b.jpg
      3b.jpg
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
  8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fished a touranment Sat. 4 fish weigh in ,I had a54.2 # blue was biggest 4 fish with total weight of 122.8 # good day lots of fun !:wink:

9. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    way to go. I'm impressed

10. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    i managed to go after work sunday at 1:30 in the morning. i was bank fishing rend lake i caught 2 channels about 5-8lbs in about 30mins along with alot of bites but it was to windy to stay very long.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Pat for sharing your fishing trip. Very impressive. Was this tournament on the Ohio?