How did you come to know your Valentine?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Happy Valentines Day to everyone.
    I was wondering how you meet your Valentine. I know that it is wonderful feeling you get when you recall the way you come to know your other half.So I will start....
    I was out on the town with my girlfriends. Just kicking back and relaxing after a long day of work. We decided to go out. Well make a long story short. We went to a nite club in Little Rock, It was New years Eve 2004/2005. And I noticed Newton working as a bouncer. He came around the dance floor 3 times and each time I would say something to him. He would just laugh. The final time he came around he and I would just start talking. We became good friends. After two months, on Super Bowl nite, we decided to date, We both liked the Patriots. And they won the Super Bowl. Next thing you know we had a lot in common ( fishing, camping, loves kids lol, etc.). He quit working as a bouncer and stayed with his day job of 4 years. Year and half later we said I do. He is my Valentine.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    35 years ago I was in a topless bar or shaker joint as we call em. There was a tall blonde curled up on the floor in the corner. AH never mind! LOL!

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I started working at Montgomery Wards shortly after getting out of the Navy. Beth also worked there, and it seemed like every time i took a coffee break she would be there. The first time i saw her i couldnt take my eyes off her, and eventually worked up enough nerve to buy her a cup of coffee. For the next couple of months it was a lot of small talk, we both felt confortable together and started taking our breaks together. One Friday she asked me what i was doing on the weekend, and i told her i was going fishing. Well her eyes lit up and she told me she loved to fish, but hadnt been fishing in years. Well the polite thing to do was to invite her to go fishing:smile2: She out-fished me the very first time and we became the best of friends. One year later i married my best friend and 36 yrs later she can still out-fish me and she is still my best friend.:smile2:

4. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    49 years ago I went to a house party with my co-worker. I met George at the party and he drove me home. We met on th 20th of Feb. and got engaged on the 20th of march and got married on the 30ty of April. He is a great guy and hope to have him around for a few more years
    Sharon

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was working in a small Oklahoma town installing fiberoptic phone lines and living in a fifthwheel trailer .I happened to find myself neighbors with a cute girl and we would spend evenings sitting on the tailgate of my truck listining to music and chatting.after about 5 months I asked her what she had planned for the next 50 years.and the rest is history

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I met Vanessa on IRC Chat.

For those of you who don't know, that is Internet relayed chat.

Talked for a couple of weeks, then finally met in person. After we kissed the first time, I knew we'd be together forever.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Okay, I met my wife Mendy at college at Southeastern Okla. State Univ. in Durant, OK. I was from altus, OK and she was from Vernon, TX. The two towns were only 30 miles apart, but we met each other 3 1/2 hours from home. Anyway, she was on the tennis team and my dorm was by the courts. I couldn't help but notice the hot blonde playing tennis, and asked one of her friends to hook us up, but she had a boyfriend. Well, when I dumped the ol' bag I was dating I decided to check into the hot blonde tennis player again, and sure enough, she and her boyfriend were on the fritz. Well, we hit it off right away and became great friends. We'd hung out with the same group of people for a long time anyway, even though we didn't know each other all that well, and I remember she and I sitting up until about 3am one morning just talking about "how we'd love to meet the person we were going to marry, and just be able to skip the whole courtship ordeal." Wow, how prophetic. We started "dating" about a week later, and on our third date started talking about marriage. I asked her to marry me everyday for 6 months, and she finally said yes on her birthday. I guess fishing taught me plenty of patience, thank the Lord. We've been married for 10 years now and have 2 wonderful kids.

I don't think there's ever been a day that I could outfish my wife, and I hope that my kids turn out the same way. During college, we would fish long days at Texoma and my hands would be so raw from handling stripers that I couldn't even pick up the fish anymore. She'd reel in a fish, I'd stand on it, take the hook out, and kick it back into the water. That girl can fish!

Anyway, that's our story.

8. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Met and dated my High school sweetheart 27 years ago. 26 1/2 years later we are still both head over heels in love with each other.

A few years back we both got a real shock on Valentines Day. She bought me a card and I bought her a card. Now you KNOW there are literally thousands and thousands of cards to choose from. Yup, you guessed it. We each bought the identical card for each other. (Now dose that say we share one heart or what!) After that, we both decided NOT to buy each other a Valentines Day card again. That card proved that we didn't need anybody else writing a card for what we both understand and appreciate.

(IMHO) True love dose exsist by itself. It can only be forged through time and patience, and compromise. If I had it to do over again.. I wouldn't change a thing.

Tony
    _

9. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    True story... match.com

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Welcome to the BOC Koon. Glad to see another okie onboard.

11. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I was single for about 5 years, and no plans to find anyone, divorce does that ya know. My preacher friend called me constantly trying to hook me up, bless his little cupid heart. Anyway he called and said Tom you gotta see this one, I went to a singles meeting to check out Ms. Jan. Boy he was right on. Pretty lady who liked to fish(and baited her own hook) wonderful attitude toward life, and brother can she cook. We had so much in common it was unbelievable. We went on our first date, and 9 weeks to the day, we got married, and that was 15 years ago.

I can say I truely got the greatest valintine of my life.

12. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Sorry folks, I sent this without proof reading it. I MEANT to say:

"True love dose NOT exsist by itself. It can only be forged through time and patience, and compromise."

Thanks, I feel better now.

Tony
    _

13. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A blind date after I was out of the Navy. That was 30 years ago. I had to have her and still do.

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Me too! After the woman I thought I'd marry ran off with a crack head, I gave up on women for the next five years. While spending Christmas on my friends yacht he told me about some nice woman he met on line. I signed up on Match.com and saw a beautiful woman named Judy, in a tight back dress, with hair down to the small of her back, who lived an hour away. I printed out the picture, put it on the fridge and stared at it everyday for three weeks before getting up the nerve to call. When I finally did call, we wound up talking for three hours. The next night she called me and we talked another three hours. This went on for about a month and we made a date to meet. We met at her house and sat up all night talking. Nine months later we were married on a paddle wheeler in Smith Mountain Lake. That was 1 1/2 very happy years ago.

15. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I'm constantly amazed at how God brings His plans to fruition despite of all our efforts to "do it our way."
    I have been married going on 8 years, for the third and LAST time.
    I married on a dare the first time, 2nd time,spent 22 years in a relationship that probably shouldn't have gone past the first date, and finally, in the throes of self-pity and lonliness, turned it over to God with this statement:
    "Lord. You say in your word that it's not good for man to be alone. If you have someone for me, show me who she is."
    As I walked past my phone a few minutes later, a name of a woman that I'd known for years at my church, entrered my head like the proverbial lightbulb going off. I stopped dead in my tracks. I'd spoken to her a few times over the years at church, knew that her husband had passed on a few years earlier, but had never entertained the notion of our being together.
    I picked up my church directory, looked up her number, and called her. I said, "Donna, We need to talk" and explained my prayer to God. There was a thick silence on the other end. Finally, after whar seemed to be forever, she said, "Mike, I just finished praying that God would give me someone in my church that I could share my faith with."
    We agreed to go see Titanic together, dated for a year and a few months, and on May 22, 1999, I made her my wife. In the ensuing time, we haven't had any harsh words and have discovered that we are as close to being perfectly matched as is humanly possible. Of course, that was God's intent all along.

She is, for those who haven't met her. my other half, my soul mate, my life.
    She once gave me a card, during the time we dated, on Valentine's Day, that said this:

[FONT=&quot]When we’re born, the soul we’re given[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Splits apart and half of it is given to someone[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Else. So all our lives, we’re looking for the[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Person with the other half of our soul.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And if we’re lucky enough to ever find [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That person, our soul says, “At Last! I can[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rest. I have found my missing half. Then,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It is said, we have found our soul mate, and[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We are happy and at peace.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When I saw you, when we met,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You were familiar, you were known.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When I saw you, when we met,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My heart recognized you as part of its own.[/FONT]

She's close enough to perfect for me.
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

16. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    ummm lets see here now....we lived in same general neck of the woods so we "knew of'" each other but we didnt really "know" each other. I was 18 and was gettin snuck into a bar one nite..me and the friend that i was with were friends..I was quite bashful and a lil standoffish to begin with, wouldnt get out on the dance floor...he and my friend had planned on gettin me drunk so i would loosen up some, so everytime my glass would get a lil low...they would sneak me a refill....before the nite was over we were out there havin a grand time....saw him in the community a couple more times after that and talked some....started dating and 10 weeks later, we eloped...its will be 18 years next month and still going strong.

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    First time I met Her She was on Stage down at Bommers,Mom Wasen't to Impessed when I first Brought her home, But She's a KEEPER! J.D.
    P.S.
    Beauty Is In The EYE OF The Beholder.

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Enjoyed all the post.

I met my Valentine almost 51 years ago in a little country town of Booneville, AR. I had just turned 21 and fresh out of four years in the USAF. It was Sunday afternoon and I was cruising the town, LOL. I notice these two girls driving around and flirting with me. Right off I knew I had to meet the pretty little driver.

She was driving her folks 55 Ford. She pulled over, we talked and then they rode around some with me. I asked her for a date for that night. She tried to explain where she lived way, way out in the country. I later got lost trying to find her folks farm and when I got there she was gone... she had driven back towards town looking for me. I had come in from another direction or county... I was really lost. So I had plenty time to get acquainted with her folks. They told me she was barely 17. This is not such a long story for we were married in six weeks as soon as she graduated from high school.

After while I'm taking my Valentine to Red Lobster.
    We're not having dessert, that will be at home later. Homemade brownies and "Bluebell Homemade Vanilla" ice cream!

The picture is of the town's "Picture Show" we went to that night. The old theater is still doing business and looks almost the same, other than back then it was only 9 years old.

Attached Files:

19. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    He Kinda Feels the same Way Sharon!! So You can Float Him A LOAN to Buy Some More Fishing Gear!! Love Ya Babe!! J.D.
    :0a33:

20. KNOTHEAD

KNOTHEAD New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    MET MY VALENTINE FOR THE FISRT TIME WHEN I WAS 13 AT THE LOCAL SKATING RINK!:big_smile: RAN INTO HER AGIAN 3-4 YEARS LATER AND BEEN TOGETHER EVER SINCE!STILL TOGETHER 20 YRS LATER WITH 2 GREAT KIDS!:big_smile: