How did you choose your handle?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by screen, Feb 17, 2006.

1. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Have you ever wondered how someone choose their Handle?

Some are easy like Cook or Schoe but how did Bearcat or Rat or Whistler get theirs?

I will start it off:
    Screen - Has to do with my business!

SO! How did you choose your handle?

2. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Im just a ordnary country boy no fancy handle for me just used my real name

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I added the letter O to the end and came up with Dano.:)
    Plus I wanted something easy to remember.

Actually I picked up the O part bout 18-20 years ago. A friend was watching re runs of Hawaii five O and started calling me that. It stuck deeper than a buried up 4x4 in red clay mud with no bottom.

I thought that nick name sounded better than all other I have been called before. I would give an example of the others name people called me but I want cause they aint real nice. LOL.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I just use my name. I have a few nick names but they are not apporiate to put on here.

chris

5. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    My family has been saying the word chubbahead for years, mainly my uncle. It is suppose to be shovelhead. As in the flathead catfish.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    This is what I was called as a boy,Ballards Landing,Santee S.C.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  8. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Somehow I picked up the name J-Man (my real name is Jared) in college (one friend called me by it, then another, next thing you know it stuck). So I thought it was appropriate to use here since my closest friends call me by it.

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I'm from TN, I like the VOLS, and I like to catch CATFISH! Probably a little corny to some but oh well. My dad,uncles,couisins and friends have been calling me "BIG MOE" since I was about 8 years old. Maybe I should have went with that?

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    in '96 my little "group" that i fish with were having a really bad year and we couldnt catch anything but dinks. one evening while a freind was cranking in another 5lb flat, out of nowhere i blurted out "we're nothing but a bunch of "Dinkbusters" these days"....it just stuck from then on.

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Is'nt there a time when a duplicate thread is ok? I am asking cause I don't know!
    Deltalover, comes from a lifetime (50 years) of fishing the 1000 miles of the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta in the central valley of Calif.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We have a big problem here, most members forget or did not know that the threads/post will archive after 30 days. If no one post in a thread with-in 30 days the archive will kick in. We must find away to fix this if we are gonna cut down on double and triple threads, This is NOT your fault! this is a site problem. With all the Threads/Post here, a member will read for a couple years and may not read all the Post. I am sorry Screen if I mangled your Thread., that was not the intent. I remembered all the post we had about double threads.:confused: :confused:

13. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee

SCREEN probably had no idea there was already a thread for this. That link you provided for that thread was posted 5 or 6 months ago. With so many new threads each day,it's easy for one to get lost in the wash especially with so many new members coming onboard not knowing about previous posts. I myself had no idea about a similar post. Not that big a deal IMO.

14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    been called mutt for many years so i use it online too.

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I like gargoyles and had to change the spelling years ago because there were too many w/ the correct spelling. 77 was my badge number when i worked for state corrections in Kentucky.

16. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I was younger, a couple buddies and my step brother started calling me rockbass because my name is Rocky and I fish so much. Hence the name Rockbass. It was pretty much cemented when in high school(11th) my chemistry teacher called on me. He did not say Rocky, he said "hey Rockbass, why......" I didn't even answer the question, I just asked him why he called me rockbass. I thought it was strange beings he was a new teacher to our school and really had no idea that a few people called me that. He said well I hear you talk about fishing, so I thought it went together. So now I am stuck with Rockbass. I really don't have anything else to go by other than my real name:rolleyes:

17. FRANK

FRANK New Member

State:
    Welland,Ontario,Canada
    My usualy handle for internet messageboards and everything else is FROP but I decided to sign up on here as my real name this time.

FROP is my real nickname that was given to me about 9 years ago when my girlffriend at the time took me to meet her dad and she introduced me and he asked what nationality I am cause of my olive skin and hard to pronounce last name, and I told him the truth, My father is from Italy and my Mother a French Canadian from the province of New Brunswick and he said so your a FROP ......FROG (French) + WOP (Italian) = FROP ....HAHA! and it just stuck with me, friends and family have caught on to it and have been calling me FROP since. :) :)

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here is the one I already posted. :)

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    like i said before - i got mine from mom and dad:)

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Mine speaks for itself....LOL:grin-big: