How did you all do?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by river_runner_85, Aug 17, 2008.

1. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We went out fishing on Sat night. We had no luck. Kept getting small nibbles but nothing would connect. It seemed like a slow night for everyone as we saw them moving around alot. I think this weather has confused them as well as the constant change in the water levels. Just doesn't seem like they are going for anything right now. But maybe some of you guys had better luck. I'm still waiting to hook into one. I have been out every weekend for the past 2 months and still have not brought anything in the boat. I have no idea. If any of you guys have any ideas that could help please let me know. Thanks.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I'm sure the fish will come soon enough! Keep a positive attitude and get out on the water. I was skunked for four months last year!

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Jeff we didnt do any good either. Got a few bites. Suck I know. Oh well, we just have to keep trying. :big_smile:

4. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    No good here either,we started out yesterday at about 2pm went from washington mo down to the hwy 40 bridge and worked our way back up river.Didn't catch a fish till we got back to washington at around 10pm and it was about 12-15lb blue,fished till 12am then called it a nite.Man we covered alot of water they just wasn't biting:sad2:.Had a lil of everything for bait bluegill,shad,asian carp,live carp,and herring.

5. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I fished the Mississippi Friday.Caught my biggest Blue to date,a 21 pounder.I guess I found the right wingdike.

6. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Got the guts to cross the mississippi Saturday, fished a wing dike accross from Meramec cought 1 Gar and a bunch of little bites but no takers.

7. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They had a tournament in Waverly last night and it took 92# to win it. I heard it was a tough night overall. I think I'm headed out Tues. and maybe Thurs. night this week. This weather is something else and the full moon isn't helping either.

8. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would believe that. I was at Brunswick running lines and we didn't catch anything to speak of. There wasn't anybody catching any fish. Did see a 38lbs blue and a 30lbs flattie come up the ramp.

9. hardtime

hardtime New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We put in at St. Charles this morning and really never found "good" bait. I few small shad was it. We fished anyways and had alot of nibbles/bites... only to reel in about 6 12-14" cats (1 channel, 4 blues and 1 flatty). We did try again later in the day for some shad and hit the jackpot. A decent white bass and a 14lb blue. Yeah, all in the throw net. I know, they went back in but never caught that big of a cat in a throw before. Hightlight of the day. Oh, and a softshell turtle snagged on the foot was cool also (I have no idea how ???). Its all about the fun! :roll_eyes:

10. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    It was a slow night for me too. We ended up with 2 small flatheads on the Mo up from Kaw point. Last tuesday we landed a 28 lb blue and three flatheads 21, 13, and 3lb. It can only get better. Good fishin.

11. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    thats all we can do is keep trying. we all just have to keep putting our time in.