How Did Yall Do This Weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Whats the reports? I didn't get to go because my wife went to Chicago and left the little one here with me... Anxious to hear how everyone did....rollo

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    well finally got the weekend off first one since the gathering went to hocking got a 22.5 flat and a 8.5 channel plus some sheepshead they was biting pretty good on creek chubs some other guys around me caught a few small channels on liver

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Well yesterday was pretty slow going. Did the family get together Kid's and Grandkids. Youngest boys had a blast getting them introduced to flatties even tho it was a small one they got to start somewhere. Us so called grownups are going tonight. Hope we fair well. Here's a few pics of our outting yesterday....:cool2:

Attached Files:

4. Gary B

Gary B New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I got skunked at West Branch AGAIN.

5. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well I ve taken time away from the new house!
    And was out 3 times this week.
    Wed ,we went out late 1030 to 400 am on the bank.
    I got A 10 # an 12# flat head an a 6 an 8 pound channel.Gold fish an little gills worked good.Buddy lost a good fish .Spit the bait!
    Thur. 900 to 400 am ,We Were in the boat . I got a12 an 14# flathead. an 2channels small ones an Buddy got 2 nice channels.Gold fish an gills worked good again.Dresden pool Saturday neighbor an I fished 700pm 700am tour.An I never got a run .We did boat 2 10# an a 5 # flathead.With a 2 nd place finsh.Out of 15 teams. The fish were slow 1st place had 1 fish 26#.We never got to see the other fish weigh ed.But no one seemed excited.
    Only 6 teams came back.We fished the Riverside area.With big an little baits Little bule gill chub an big gold fish . Was what partner used an he missed abuot 4 fish 930 an 1230am were good times.
    The dresden trou,was slow to .All my fish in this report was beat up .Not the channelsWill have pictures soon on Muskium river photo thread

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you had a great week. Fishing 3 times that is the way to spend your time. Congrats on the fish and I hope the tourny fishing gets better for you.

7. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    No catfish this weekend on the Big Sandy but I fished with Old Catfish John and I had a blast.

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    No luck out of the Coshocton branch. I had one good run and felt the fish momentarily and had nothing but a severely mauled gill. Jack had one decent bite early too and nothing to show.

We fished from Saturday 6:00 pm til 1am. Visited the Dresden Pool but too many tournament fishers.

9. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We struck out on the Maumee Friday. We fished from 9p to 4a and nothing doing. Oh well, it was still better then anything else I could have been doing lol

10. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I fished Charles Mill Res. Sat night (9:00-6:00) caught one small Flattie at 10:30, didn't bother to measure or weigh the little guy, on a 4" gill. This was the first one for me from this area. Two other runs one on a 6" chub and the other on a 6" gill, both dropped the bait. No luck on any Channels with chicken liver, must have been small ones, pull the float under and run, wasn't able to hook any, looked like they just had a hold of the liver. The little Flathead was CPR'd. I'll try to get a pic posted later no time right now.

11. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to East Fork Lake on Saturday night. I got no less than 20 runs on chicken livers, only two produced fish. I think I was on a lot of smaller channels that night. The two I pulled out were a bit small and the ones my buddy pulled out were ok eater size, but we threw em back anyway. I also was using a small sunfish but never got a run on that one.

12. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    caught 3 channels over the weekend from the Tusc River .....one 5-4......one 2-5........one 1-13 and a small flattie that weighed 4-5 all of my fish and bites came on cut bluegills and cut creek chubs !!

13. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Here's the pics of the little Flattie I caught Sat. night. This is the smallest one I have ever seen!!!

Attached Files:

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    gotta be proud of the small ones too!! :tounge_out:

15. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Joe, Congrats on the small one. Sorry I had to miss out on ya Saturday night. Im still on for next weekend tho. Ill give ya a call later in the week!

16. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Caught an 18 pound flatty Thursday night, but nothing on Friday night or Saturday, not even a run. Maybe it is the Full Moon like was stated in the other thread. I have had my best fishing during the new moon.

17. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    3 fish @ Barkley dam. 2 fish from a farm pond biggest came from the farm30 in channel

18. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    got skunked at the gmr this weekend. seems like everyone had pretty much the same luck. hopefully the bite will pick up better now that the moon is going away and the spawn is over

19. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went over to Brookville Lake sat. night and fished all night without a single bite. I'm new to that lake so its all trial and error for catfish locations. But overall it was a fun night out on the water.

20. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I fished Tappan lake thursday and got skunked. The cats are in the end of spawn. The weather has really messed with Tappan the crappie didn't even spawn there this year. They moved in twice but the water temp just wouldn't let the love happen.
    Went to Clendening lake after tappen around 1 am and caught 4 little channels and 2 Flats that were a touch over 3 pounds.
    Sunday night I went to the ohio river at martins ferry and caught 4 small flats on chubs and 6 channel on hotdogs, then the gar came in and ruined the rest of the night.
    Tonight I went to rayland and caught a 8.5 pd flat in the back waters on blood bait.
    Have a good week !
    Desode