How did I do?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jboy434, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i bought 2 reels and 1 rod today from a guy that had put an ad in the paper. the 2 reels were 6500 cl3. the rod was a zebco catfish stick. he said he had never even put line on these reels. one has a few scratches on it, probably from storage. the other doesnt seem to have any marks on it. they both look very good. i paid $110 for both reels and the rod. was this a good deal? what is the cl3?

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not a bad deal, about average on price for used condition reel. I don't know about the rod or what it's worth, but 55.00 per reel isn't too bad.

My fishin partner just got a quantum baitcaster and st.croix combo at the pawn shop. The rod looked new and goes for 150.00 new by itself. He paid 7.00 for the combo! WHY CAN'T I EVER FIND DEALS LIKE THESE????????:cry:

3. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    that sounds like a good deal. i might have to go to some pawn shops around here. both of the reel i got look new except a few scratches on one.

4. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    you might want to look at craigslist.org Go to your state and then whereever city. I found a few deals but I'm always too late. They go quick.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    2 reels & a rod for $100 sounds like a good deal to me brother.:big_smile_2::0a22:

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You did fairly well on the purchase. I got the same reel new on clearance at Wallmart last year for $40. I'm still kicking myself for not buying another one at that price. The CL3 model is the same as a C3. The only minor difference is the CL3 has a gold anodized spool and star drag. I see them new on ebay occasionally go for under $50.

7. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    the ones that i bought didnt have any gold on them. all chrome except the abu garcia symbol. i bet that gold really makes it look nice.