How Deep?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by glenmorebuckman, Sep 25, 2005.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    What's the deepest water you've ever caught a cat in ? Below Cannelton lock and dam on the Ohio there is a hole that is 103 feet deep. Would blues and flatheads go that deep?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would think it would be highly unlikely that you would find them in water that deep. But not impossible. The pressure at that depth would be enormous and the fish would most likely avoid it. This is just my oppinion, nothing scientific, just a thought!!!

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Not too deep for me, only around 30 feet.

I would think there would be little if any oxygen at 100+ foot depths, but I am no biologist. I would also think that bringing a fish up from that depth would msot likely kill it, so I guess catch and release would be out of the quetsion.

4. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    I,ve caught them at 70ft on the arkansas river in the summertime.

5. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    If you were to get one from that kind of dept, you'd definitely need to "burp" him befrore he was released.
    Burping is accomplished by useing a small piece of pipe and gently inserted into catfish. Then gentle squeezes on his sides and you'll hear him burb like a drunk.He'll shrink in apparent size as his swim bladder is relieved of air.
    Then gently esse him into water until he fights to get away.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You might be able to find a fish or 2 that deep. Rivers are different then lakes. There is no thermocline in a river.

7. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    Most of my fish stay at 10 - 5 ft in summer thne n more then 20 feet in winter. But i bet something lives in that whole catch it take its picture.

8. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    If you catch any at that depth, bring it up slowly so that the air bladder can adjust. If you bring it up to fast, the air bladder will come out of the fishes mouth.