How Deep Do You Fish For Blue catfish???

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Katfishing Cajun, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've seen section's in my river that are 142 ft deep and it's low wright now? Is it possible for blue's to go this deep??

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think it's possible for blues to go that deep.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have heard of people catching blues in over 100' of water.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    WOW that would take a week to get him up:tounge_out::eek:oooh: You would have to crank the sensitivity to 100% to see what is down that far..let us know if ya graph it be interesting to see...i bet there might be some down that deep in the dead of winter:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  5. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I can think of one good way to find out.:wink: I won't be afraid to try if I could find enough anchor rope.there is some deep holes down on the james river people fish pushing 100' and are bringing in some big ones. Probably have to make sure you bring them up nice and slow if you did get hooked up to allow for pressure changes from that depth before returning the fish to the water.

6. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks guys, I've been thinking of trying to drift threw it? There's a-lot of river at the 60 to 90ft range. I've been pulling in a bunch 3 to 10lb flatties in the brush piles(daytime) in 20 to 50ft range. There's some giants in this river, I just got to keep going! About 15yrs ago there was a 128lb Blue caught on a trot-line:sad2:. So I know their in there, the Atchafalaya River is where the Red River ends up and the Mississippi River feeds into it. :cool2:

7. CATFISHKKO

CATFISHKKO New Member

State:
    Chesterfield, VA
    thanks for the input everybody

8. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm bank bound so bottom all the time.

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have fished in the 80's and caught some blues. So i am sure you can catch them in 100+.Good luck.