how cpr are you?

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by rcbbracing, Oct 13, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Okay ive seen a million and a half threads about returning a record sized flathead or channel catfish to the water or not...Would u return a record sized forage fish...say for example a big carp, sucker, or sheepshead that was big enough to shatter the record...Even if i was in massive need of cutbait i still think i would return it...how about you guys?

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I would return any record sized fish. But that's easy for me...I return all fish that are not intended for bait or the table and large fish don't make good for either one of those.

3. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    you said it all, if i aint usin it for bait, or eatin it, there's no reason for me to keep em.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    If I am not going to eat them I turn em back into the water. Always have an never going to change now. Of course you said SHATTER a record well that may be a little change in life's course if it meant a fish was worth thousands of dollars.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I can say it wouldnt be lookin good for the fish.

6. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    If I am not planning on eating it or using it for bait,then yes it goes back in the water, but a fish that would shatter the world record would be worth alot of money and free gear,in advertising alone. So no a world record would probably not get released,I'm not greedy,but I'm not rich either! As for the "rough fish" I have thrown many a state record.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Same here . Unless its a big asain carp . I hate those damn things and throw them all to the bank for coons or possums or what ever wants a bite .

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am with you on this ! I have been smacked 1 to many times on the cumberland river !

9. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I have always taught my boys that everything has a place in this world or it would not be here period! That plain and simple. If you do not eat it Do not kill it PERIOD!
    Dont really care for crow soup! LOL then NEVER ever shoot one....:wink:
    If coyote stew isn't for you leave that dog alone!:tounge_out: OK That is me and I will get blasted for it 100 times over! But that is how I taught my boys how to repect nature.
    When I catch a aligator gar I YES I RETURN IT BACK TO WERE IT CAME! DRUM Yes..... Need something to eat all that garbage and keep the river clean
    Mr. Slimey too a grindle.... back it goes
    It is returned to the water. Only time I keep fish is if i eat it. Only other time is if I am going to use the wee ones for bait! Then if at the end of the day i have lets say dead shad, I try to give them away and if nobody is available I give the coons a treat!
    I truly believe the man upstairs has a reason and a purpose for everything he made on this earth way way back. To waste a life of anything is not an option in my house.

10. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    gettin some good stuff on here guys! thanks! nothing quite like both sides of the story

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    the only record a carp or sucker will shatter for me is how many freezer bag's it fills for cut bait :wink:

12. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    normally i would through back any fish i wasnt going to eat or use for bait. i am a very large CPR guy with almost all fish i have caught. However in the event of a world record/state record, i would have to keep it and get it weighed. removing just that one fish will do so very little harm to the environment that it wont matter, but it could do enough good for me that it would be worth removing the single fish.

13. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    well i can say honestly that i personally have never in my life kept anyfish (other than bait fish).table or not i have always turned it back loose. i was fishing in a runoff pond for some ware houses and busted a 25# flat out of it and a semi rolled past and seen it. well they stoped and asked if they could have it told them "no, im turning it back loose" well the talked for a sec and then came back at me with well how much you want for it. i replied "this is what i want for it" as i put it back in the water. so i even cant be baught to "keep" a big one. but i know there are those who keep em to put food on the table and i totally respect that notion of it.

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I release all fish big or small. except bait fish.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Rough fish like a shiner ,Carp around here aren't thought highly of,I would most likely get it certified,Then chunk it up for tons of cut bait,I sure wouldnt return a carp . I find it interesting that some seem to think a record fish to be worth money. Never heard that ,I allways thought it was a noteriety thing. It and $1.00 here might get ya a cup of coffee.