How can people be so cruel?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by south_va_fisherman, Oct 6, 2007.

1. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I just back from the VA state fair (earlier than planned), after witnessing one of the most disturbung sights in my life. They had "exhibit/both/ show" called the worlds smallest woman, only 29inches tall! well i walked up with my dad and we saw tons of people standing around this box in the middle of a tent. They were just laughing and pointing and crowding around this box. Some woman walked out and we asked what was really in the box. She replied " a 29inch, retarded bit** with one leg and a deformed head." I couldnt believe my ears. how the hell can you stand there and laugh so hard at such a thing? well after losing it and going at it with the money collector, i was "asked" to leave by security. I dont get angry easy, it takes a lot, but seeing the people surrounding her i got angrier than i ever have. they were treating her like an animal, i didnt see her, and dont want to. how can you justify giving your money to low life &#^@ like that? thats all i gotta say about that

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i woulda done the same thing in your shoes. i agree with you brother

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    charles, that is a bitter thing to witness, i agree, but that woman is being paid...it ain't her first rodeo.:confused2:

i don't participate in trash like that....not as a performer or a witness

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    These days people will do & use any means to make a dollar. That is sad. :sad2:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The majority of people sadly have no compassion for anyone anymore. Usually folks who don't understand certain physical traits are either afraid of it or just plain ignorant.To me as Brother Phil said,it's trash and neither do I participate in it.:crazy::crazy::roll_eyes:

6. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    At least she was "working" with what she had.. I know many able bodied people who lay around all day and draw a check..As bad as I hate to say it.. there probably isnt many job opportunities for someone in her shape..I'd never pay a cent to see anything like this but there are plenty of people around with just one oar in the water that would..

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Theres some mean people out there.

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    South Va fisherman. i understand your feeling and feel same way. BUT, you have to understand something also. i worked the carnivel world for a year when a yound kid of 17. they CANNOT have anyone in side show that is a retard in real life. a example. we had a man they called the wild man. claimed he was raised by animals, never was able to adapt to human life. throw a cig butt in his cage, and he'd pick it up and eat it. i used to talk to this "wild man" at night. he had a yr of college behind him. but could deal with it. he was deformed some and made more money doing the show. those people hire out to preform and that is what they are doing. they want the public to act like you saw them doing. draws more crowds in.
    i always thought it was degrading and immoral, but this is their choice to do. they sign contract to do and eat and are treated better than the average person. this isn't a fish story either. this is the gods honest truth. 99% of them choose to do this and retire from it.
    gary

9. south_va_fisherman

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i agree that she doesnt have many choices for work, and im not trying to put the carnival business down. i was just making a comment about the people that were taunting and laughing at her.

10. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    it is a shame that people could derive enjoyment out of anothers defect but as the saying goes ...people can be creul...wonder how they would feel if it was them?

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Shame on those who laugh at others like that. Being curious is one thing but being disrespectful is another ....

12. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I once paid $5.00 to see the worlds biggest gopher rat..weighed over 20 lbs..turned out to be a nutria.. course no one around here knew that since they havent made it this far..yet..:smile2:

13. slab-happy

slab-happy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hello......new here

I agree with what everybody that had previously posted. Good thing for me is I like the simple life. I get my trill by spending quallity time in the outdooors, fishing, camping, hunting, and seeing wildlife at its best.' Wild and Free '. I hav'nt been to a state fair in 20 years. I don't think I will be going back any time soon.

14. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    welcome to the BOC "Slab". i agree with you there. i dont really get to much thrill out of going to the fair/carnival/circus or anything like this. i dont like the crowds. the bigest thing that turns me off about them is the way that the youth act nowdays. i know i cant really say anything since i am only 26, and if i offend anyone, believe me i am not trying to. but hear me out. do youselves a favor, the next time you go out i public, watch how most of the younger people act nowdays. loud, rude, obnoxious, do not say please or thank you, have never heard the term "sir" or "ma'am" in thierr lives, and yet expect everyhting to be given to them. i am not sayiong that every one of them is like this, and iff you know someone who is between 16 and 22 that is not this way, tell them i said thank you and that they are doing a good job. but as for the rest of them, i would like to take them out in the middle of nowhere for a couple of weeks and show them what life is all about the hard way.no food, no water, just the clothes they have on thier backs and a pocket knife. its not about thier stupid video games or how many people they can text message in 30 seconds, it is about being a part of something larger than yourself.

15. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Joey, you are absolutely correct. Everywhere I go people tell me how respectful my kids are. Our family of 4 are super close. We do everything together. Mine are only 9 and 6 years old but I will tell you what, they know what respect is. I tell my kids I'm their buddy but when it comes time I'm a dad and I will do what I have to do to teach them right from wrong. We don't have much but we have each other and couldn't care less what our neighbors have. I think some families lack that closeness. Like eating meals together, spending Sundays together no matter what. We don't fight or argue around here. We give and share even when we cant afford to. We go to everything the school has to offer and donate our time to help. When the kids do good we let them know instead of only getting on them when they aren't at their best. Parents have to be the roll model...bottom line. I feel some families should try to spend more time together and let their youngin's know how much they are loved. Between my wife and two kids I say, " I love you " atleast 30x a day. Show them respect and the rest will fall in place. I can go on and on about this but I will spare yas the reading. And Joey sounds like you are or will be a great dad yourself, thanks for the great post buddy.

16. south_va_fisherman

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia

Im 17 so im in that catagory you mentioned. yes ma'am were pretty much the first 2 words i learned. No video games, just basic cable, no texting just a cheap cell that makes outgoing calls only. When i was younger my dad had me on a short leash. I think my peers that act the way you described have a lot to do with how their parents raised them. Plenty of guys i know are rude, wear their pants under their butts, and have no respect for anyone else. i also know for a fact that they had very little parental control when younger. so i believe that parents have a lot to do with it. as far as that week in nature with nothing goes, sounds fun to me:big_smile: as long as im not in a life death situation:cool2:

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    REPS to ya buddy.Sounds like your one 17 year old who has his head going in the right direction. Keep it up.

18. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey charles, you are definately an exception to the rule. i know there are young people like yourself out there, but then seem fewer and farther between now days. i know there werent to many around when i was your age, and now days i cant seem to find to many at all. keep on the right track brother, and dont let the bad apples ruin you. i know they seem liek fun, but trust me, a night or weekend in jail is absolutely not fun.:embarassed:

19. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That is kind of strange.... I did not know they still had such 'acts' or 'shows'. Very disturbing to know that they still exist. I don't think they would like it much if a bunch of us got together to 'shut down' an exhibit. :wink: