How bout those turkey hunters

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by YeeHaw, Mar 19, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    What kind of Turkey hunters we got out there? What kind of weapon do you use?

2. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I use a pse fox fire cross bow in the fall..Now spring time i use a mossburg 835 3 1/2 size 4 shot let one get within 40 yards and he is mine :)

3. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey this is gonna be my first year goin
    hope to get sumthing

4. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    good luck fatfish hope you get a big 1

5. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    The majority of the time it's a Canon XL2 3ccd minidv camera. LOL!!!!!! When I get the chance to hammer one it'll be with a Benelli Super Black Eagle that I won at the Cabela's Open turkey calling championships last year. When combined with a Kick's Gobbling Thunder or Comp-N-Choke, it'll smoke 'em with Federal Heavyweight loads, either 3", 3 1/2" with #6 or #7 shot. God bless.

6. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    I use a remington 870 express super mag, with an undertaker choke, and going to be shooting winchester super x #4s or 5s, cant make up my mind. Seasons coming up, cant wait.

7. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I use a winchester model 1300 with #4 shot as well, and looking forward to hitting the woods this weekend!!!:)

8. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hello,
    Use a Benelli M2 12 guage for one license and a Hoyt Trycon for the other. Hardest decision is which one to use first. The season will probably end faster with the M2. With the Trycon I can hunt all 4 Iowa seasons so I can be more patient and pickier on my bird. Opening day in Iowa first season is April 10th. For the Trycon I will be hunting out of a Double Bull T5 Prostaffer.

Tight Lines
    Danny J

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use an old 870 remington 3 inch mag.full choke fedral premiun shells no.6 shot.and boys do we have the turkey

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I shoot my SBEII with I cant remember what turkey choke I have to tell you the truth and combined with my Federal number 6s. It piles a whole 3.5 inches and 2 ounces of shot at that ugly ole head