How bout them Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by jerseycat9, Aug 3, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Got a lot of money riding on them and were doing it with chemistry instead of money at the moment go figure. Hows your favorite team doing?

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Just beat Toronto 8-1.New pitcher Corey Lidle had a great first outing.Bobby Abreu 3-5.Been a Yankee fan for 55 years.:big_smile: :lol: :smile2:

3. Mr. Whiskers

Mr. Whiskers New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I'm still holding out hope that Steinbrenner and his bottomless pockets fail again this season. There couldn't be a team in professional sports that I despise more.

[​IMG]

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Second best record in baseball as of today :boss:

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    OK boys we are starting to get hot. 4 straight on Boston Whos next?:choler: I am expecting good things for the rest of the season

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    As David Oriz said "It aint Fair".:eek:oooh: The team is hitting 11 points higher than its traditional team average.Cano has been on fire and what a great find.Sometimes it doesnt take just Georges money.Cano has made the Yankees forget about Soriano.Abreu has been worth his weight in gold,Cabrerra is also hot and oh by the way Jeter is having a career year even for him.Remember the guy everyone wanted to get rid of,said he was washed up,wanted to send to the minors.Well after being comeback player of the year Giambi kills the Sox again last night and is in the top ten in runs and home runs.This is all WITHOUT Sheffield and Matsui.The much maligned pitching staff has come through big and look at Wang another great find from the farm system.Pavano is finally rounding into form in rehab and should make a start in 2 weeks while Dotel has looked good so far.Corey Litle has been a steal.When every one is back it will be hard for Torre to decide who to put out there.:smile2:

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't really like the yankees that much but they are doing great right now. I do believe that New York should take it a little easier on Arod. He is a mvp player and one of the best players in baseball. They would get more out of him if they wouldn't ride him as much. There is enough pressure on him( and every player in baseball )without his own home fans booing him.

8. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    go yankees, ya baby!
    i agree this seasons going to be great

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I hear that the Yanks getting a ball park that will be the first to break the billion dollar mark. Can anybody confirm?

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    5 game sweep of The Red sux. Man life is good right now

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    ALL I'm going to say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.5 game sweep.Even I wouldn't have dreamed that.Shows they can kill you or play small ball.Great sacrifice by Cabrerra to get Green to third and then he scores on a wild pitch.:eek:oooh: Doesn't always take a grand slam to do you in.This win is far more impressive than the others although poor Corey Litle doesn't get the win he pitched a great game and has been a solid contributer.:big_smile:

12. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Enjoy while you can cause it will be great satisfaction when they fall on there faces and choke in the Playoffs. Still another month to go anything can happen.

13. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Ah Mark I have been waitin for the anti yankees comments since I started this thread. And yes we will see. The more you guys hate them the more us yankees lovem. Every body hates how much we spend on the team. But the Boss always puts us in a position to win he is as passionate about baseball as the fans. And the Yankees spend what they make and until the other owners in baseball open up there pockets and get serious about winning we will always be called The Evil Empire :hell_boy:

14. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am a huge Yankees fan, however, money from the bank did not equal what we thought it would. The Tigers have put them out, I was working when it happened, and came out and was shocked and dismayed to hear.

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    how bout dem tigers!!:big_smile:
    NEXT...