How 'bout them trades?

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by sassyfish, Jul 5, 2006.

1. sassyfish

sassyfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :0a34: Pacer fans! Austin Croshere, is going to the Mavs and Peja to New Orleans. What is going to happen to this team? I don't doubt that Larry Bird knows what he is doing, but I think I am going to cry as I bid farewell to Croshere :sad2: . He was a cute one!:smile2:

2. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Jermaine O'Neal will most likely also be gone in the off-season. As a Spurs fan I had to bid farewell to Nazr Mohammed.

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL!! Yah, it's no longer Pejas' Pacers.lol The Pacers need help.... O'Neal isn't the answer. We need to get a small forward that is quick and can take the ball to the basket and score or dish to Jermaine. Peja leaving really is going to put the hurt on the Pacers.:beat_brick:

4. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    If the Pacers trade O'Neal they will be a lottery team for sure. Being a Twolves fan, we would have the same issue if KG was traded. It won't happen though (at least it better not). I'm not saying that O'Neal is as good as KG (he's not), but he is by far Indiana's best player.

It looks like New Orleans is really trying to build a talented nucleus around Chris Paul. I give their GM credit for all the moves they are making. They have added Peja, Bobby Jackson and Tyson Chandler (you can argue weather or not he's any good, but he is young and can rebound).

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Chris Paul is going to be a huge household name in a season or two.

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I think the Pacers will be fine this season, we are really turning it into a run and gun sort of team. I too really like Cro, his hard work ethic and reliability, but his style of play isn't what is going to work with this team we are trying to build up now. I've been saying ever since Avery Johnson became coach of the Mavs that we should try and swing a deal for Marques Daniels, he's an incredible talent/athlete and can play the PG, SG, and SF positions. He's a better oustide shooter then what people say he is, he just needs consistant playing time to prove himself. If Tinsley can come back healthy having him at the point, Daniels at SG, Granger at SF, O'neal at PF, and Foster at C could be pretty deadly.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    The Pacers are in a world of trouble if they do not get any help based on the trades they made in the last few years. If I was jermaine I would be looking elsewhere if I wanted to be in contention becaus eit looks like they are getting out of contention based on their moves when they have to contend with the likes of Miami, Cleveland, Detroit, and the newly revamped Bulls which is looking like they will be a little force in the near future.

I am surprise with the Ben Wallace deal. I think that the Pistons will definitely miss a defensive player and rebounder like him. I do not think that Rasheed is a center like player and that he is better in a power forward role than a center role. I know that Ben went for the duckets and took the 60 million over what the Pistons offered him, but I think they should have came up with more for the defensive player of the year, 2 or 3 times I think.

Clippers came out with with their trades. Lakers better do something fast or they are looking at the same season as last. Kevin Garnett if he knows whats good for him he would muscle his way out of Minnesota and go to a contender as they have not shown any attempt to put quality around him and he is getting away from his prime now. King james is going to give the cavaliers 3 more years with the option to leave to show that they are going to surround him with talent, or he may be outta there after that as well. He is getting a 150 million dollar deal. How about that?

8. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN

I also can't believe the Pistons did not give Ben Wallace what he wanted $$$. He was the anchor of their defense and they will miss him tremendously next year. They are no longer a title contender, but merely a little above average.

Bluehunter, if I wasn't a Twolves fan I would agree with you about KG. He is the only hope our team has of putting something together. I do agree that management (McHale) has done a terrible job with this team and must go. Something needs to happen to shake them up. I keep holding on to the hope that they can put together a deal for Iverson. KG and AI would be a formidable duo.

James is doing the smart thing for himself. He can get out of Cleveland if he wants in 3 years, or he can stay and get $150 million. He will only be like 25 when his deal is up so he won't even be in his "prime" yet. Scary!

9. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    The Pistons got former Spurs' Center Nazr Mohammed to take Ben Wallace's spot. Mohammed can score a little better than Wallace, and while he's a good defender, he can't shut down the inside game like Wallace can. He is an unbelievable offensive rebounder, though.

I don't like the Bulls taking Wallace. They just blew their entire cap space, which could have signed them a handful of solid players, for paying a declining, 32-year old offensive liability, $60 mill over 4 seasons. Just my opinion.

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Ben is not declining at this point. At least I have not seen it. He is defensive player of the year. Consecutively at that. Nazr game may be more offensive then Ben, but ben is not on a team to score. He is on a team to rebound and defend. And he was a starter at that. Much like Dennis Rodman. Ben is the best in his position besides Shaq in the center position as of now. I see the Bulls elevating now. They just needed a rebounder and someone to play defense. It can get them maybe another round in the playoffs.

11. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I consider Yao Ming a better center than Ben Wallace.

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    It depends on what you are looking for. Of course he scores more. But how is his defense? His rebounding ability. It did not get him on the all defensive squad this season 1st or 2nd team. Plus I have not seem much of him this year so I can not really say much about him, which probably attests to how good he is which he may not be all that good. But if he tightens up his D and gets a lot tougher and bangs when hes in the paint, I can then give him a title of being better than wallace but not at this point. But the Yao that I seen at one time was soft, especially when he played around banging centers, he got pushed around.

13. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I still see the Pacers being a solid contender next season, we will be able to run with Miami, Cleveland, and Chicago next season with these athletic guys we've added. As for the Pistons, I think they may have just done themselves in. Sure they'll have a good year this year, but without their anchor in Ben and non disciplinarion coach Flip Saunders, how will tempermental, loud mouth, potential suspension every night Rasheed Wallace pan out? I see him being the next one shipped off the Pistons roster. And they still need to add some strength on their bench, Hunter was a spark in the 2 Finals runs, but he's definately seen better days. And Saunders never seems to play Delfino or Maxiell. And Maurice Evans is a solid defender and OK shooter, so that leaves Antonio McDyses to do the job almost single handedly.

14. sassyfish

sassyfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    OMG! Where did all the Pacers go? Thank God Harrington might be coming back. Now we must bid farewell to Freddie Jones and Anthony Johnson. :angry: What's going on here Bird? These trades are lame. Are we just trying to get last place in the league so we can get 1st pick at the draft? I mean come on. Well team, you just lost a fan. What can I say, I'm a fair weather fan. GAME OVER!