How 'bout some fishin reports?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by fish_head, Sep 17, 2008.

1. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I wish we had some fishing reports on here for MS!
    There's a thread on member fishing on this site. At least I could see how y'all are doing, since I don't go much.
    Let's hear some reports!- please?:confused2:

2. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Yeah some reports would be nice. I have yet to find any info on a "lake" in Mississippi for good channel cat "bank fishing". I am not interested in fishing dams, rivers or spillways. Just looking for a flat bank and edible catfish.

3. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    We fished at Arkabutla last night. From the bank at the lake and along the spillway rocks. 4-6 inch Shad were running in the spillway and could be caught by the dozens with a cast net no problem. The spillway water was very low. The only fish we caught were teeny tiny catfish and gar.

4. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Here's a few I caught. I'd say they are a bitin and plan to go tomorrow for a little while. I think if you can get out you'll catch some.

5. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Okay, that didn't work. Here's the fish pics. PIC-0076.jpg ALso I have caught a few others lately, no pics. The size is above average lately. I have not spent too much time out there either.

On the bank fishing, I don't know what to tell you. I suggest looking at the State Fishing Lakes maps and so forth. Those I've been to are well-maintained.
    Good luck!

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jennie and I fished at the mouth of the Mississippi and St.Franscis yesterday as the storms were rolling in, we didnt fair to well there, but further up stream of the St. Franscis we managed a couple small 5lbish blues. Bite has been off for about a week for us. Gonna give it a try at tunica this weekend. Maybe see some of ya there. Mac

7. jdoyle

jdoyle New Member

State:
    AR
    Little Mac,

Do you fish the mouth of the St. Francis much? If so, do you see many deer? There have been some REALLY good (200 B&C) deer killed in that area in the last few years.

I have put in at Battle Ax and fished the mouth of Tunica Cut Off. We caught several, but they were all small (1-5 lbs)

If you go up river from battle ax in the bend, you will find some pretty deep water.

Anyway, keep us posted.

8. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    nice catch! did you catch those at Arkabutla? if so in a boat or on the bank?