How 'bout a praise?!?!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jlingle, Aug 8, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    My 2 kids were baptized about 10 days ago at church. My little boy had accepted christ (he's 5) last fall, but we wanted to wait on baptism until he understood the concept. Well, he's a pretty sharp little fella, and he got the concept pretty quick, but he wanted to wait on his sister. well, older sister got saved last month during Vacation bible school at church, so they both got baptized. We were totally fired up. But wait, it gets better.

About 5 days ago, one of my new fishing buddies calls & wants to go fish. We head up to the lake & start after the channel cats. Just out of the blue, he tells me "yeah I talked to the preacher & he come by today & I accepted Christ, so I'm getting baptized on the 12th of August." Whoa!!! He and his girlfriend had started coming to our sunday school class, so we'd gotten to know them pretty well but I hadn't seen this one coming. They are both about our age & we've all been hanging out quite a bit. When I say "we" I mean all the young couples in our sunday school class, we're a pretty tight-knit group.... there's about 5 or 6 couples that hang out ALL the time together.

There is another young couple that just started coming to our church as well, and I'd known of them for quite a while, but really didn't know them. The guy and I go fishing Sunday evening and we were talking about some religious stuff, but nothing really heavy. Basically, we just hung out and kinda got to know each other. I mean, I usually don't press the issue much with folks, unless I"m REALLY led to do so. Mainly because I ain't the best example on planet earth..... but I ain't ashamed of who or what I am, either. I am who I am and God knows it perfectly well, so I don't care who else knows either, I just ain't the perfect example all the time. Anyway, this guy's wife calls my wife tonight & he and her daughter had both accepted Christ today & are getting baptized as well. Jiminy Christmas!!!

It's really exciting to see how things are unfolding around me right now. I remember reading in a Henry Blackaby book one time that God's at work all around you, & it's your job to just join in what he's already doing. Gee whiz, I guess it's apparent enough where he's at right now. God's been at work all around me, I just never really recognized it.:eek:oooh:

Anyway, I've been on here a couple times asking for prayer, so I figured it might be uplifting to some folks to see the fruits of some answered prayers. It's been a good couple of weeks.:wink:

2. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    u got mine good luck 2 u in life as well as in ur fishing. hope u have a fullfilling life.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jerrod praise are Lord he does use us even when we don't realize it.....May be just in a chance meeting with someone or something like a day on the water spent with those we see all the time...And He has used you to minister to those he love's.:big_smile:

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great news, thanks for sharing.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerrod thanks for the praise report. Yes, God is working all around us and he is definitely in the Saving business.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    God is a awesome God and he is still Knocking on people hearts and all they got to do is let him in. Thanks for the report made my day alot better hearing about people getting saved.

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Great to hear it:big_smile: That is good to have God in your heart at a early age

8. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Jerrod,
    He tells us that his word does not return void. HE is still in control.
    Praise GOD that He is!!!

9. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    It's great to see that you are doing your part in fishing for men!

Thanks for the great praise report!

10. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    As Christians, its our responsibility to "sow the seed" and then let god make the harvest. You sowed the seed and God did the rest. What wonderful news. I know exactly how you feel about your kids and their salvation. It is comforting to know their in the hands of God. God bless you and your family.

11. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I love this post.praising GOD is something we all need to do more of.