how bout a little get together and friendly torunament

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ncfowler, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    since we are not having a gathering this year, how would you like to get together for a day at one of the local lakes just to say hey, and do some fishing, and even maybe see who can get the biggest fish with all the bragging rights to boot. I would like to see some of my fellow B.O.C. members and get to know them a little better put a face to the name sorta. At the local lake i fish Oak Hollow have shelters and there rates are fairly good. Only down side is there is a launch fee and the lake closes at night. also they have a camp ground if you want to spend the night there. its not a big camp ground. Let me know. Jeff

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Jeff I would love to!!:big_smile::big_smile: I don't know where Oak Hollow is but I will try to make it. I fish High Rock, Badin, and Tillery. I'm in if we can get up enough people.. I'm sure Bigbird would come also if he knows in advance!! would we be fishing partners or singles? The only question I have is can you leave the boat landing after if closes??????? Keep us posted and git-r-done!!:big_smile:

3. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    im sure me and pop would be up for it we would be bank fishin incase we get this house sold were tryin to sell but heck we can woop up on ya from the bank LOL keep us updated

Daniel

4. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Im all about fishin and meetin some new people.....especially the ones who have helped me learn everything I know about cattin now! Keep me informed!

5. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
  6. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'll do my best to be where ever it is.. With the heat, night fishing would be better, but I'm up for it either way if I can handle the haul!! As long as it doesn't interfere with any CAA tourneys I have...

7. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Sounds like fun to me!

8. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Let us know when and where to meet.

9. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Any suggestions as to when? where to meet? I'd like to come if I can.

10. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I know at my city lake there is only a small area for bankfishing, and the shelter i want to use is not in that area, one thing is we can carry boat pool, Or i can look around at other lakes and camp grounds that have access to bankfishing. I just want to see how many people show support. The fishing is second to getting together and hanging out and meeting each other, Lets see how many people are wanting to show up and go from there. I'm looking at end of July or mid of Aug.

11. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    Sounds like fun, hopefully NCFowler will give us some information on his favorite holes. I always have wanted to fish Oak Hollow. I used to work in a office that had a view of the lake. It is a beauty.

12. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Right now they are biting pretty much all over the lake. I caught a 8 lb. Blue right next to one of the bubble lines while my son was fly fishing for hybred bass. Look for around 16 to 20 foot of water that where we we hitting them this AM.

:wink: