How big

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by KATTERMAN, Sep 15, 2007.

1. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    hellow everyone i caught this flat in the washita river in oklahoma i had caught one a fewdays before that weighed 16 lbs on some cheap scales i
    have.when i caught this one had no scales a buddy was with me that has caught alot of flatheads he said it would wiegh 26 lbs.i was just wonder what you guys think it would way weigh.i released him in farm pond in background that is full of big bluegills he should injoy the rest of his or her life.thanks for any input.OH! i am hooked on this flathead fishing

Attached Files:

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas.

3. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    never mind i guess i have to post 10 times before i can show the pic or i did'nt do it right

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC, Roger. My guess would also be around 25 Lbs. Nice Flattie you should use it for your avatar.

5. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice flattie and welcome to the boc. I would guess mid twenties but flats can fool ya now and then

6. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    i will but got to figure out how my computer skills not as good as i would like them.thanks for info.there is alot of info on here about flats i am learning more everytime i visit here thanks again

7. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    25lbs plus or minus a couple of pounds is probably a good guess. That is a nice one. And welcome to the BOC.

8. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Beautiful fish man, and WELCOME to the B.O.C. I think you'll like it here. After extensive research and calculation I believe your cat is exactly-----------HUGE.Thanx for sharing , and releasing , but please tell me how you caught it.

9. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    mark i caught this flat on a abu reel and biggame rod using bluegill for bait hook through the mouth out the eye with a no 8 gama circle on a inside bend in washita river in s.e. okla.about 1 hr after dark.inside bend is about 4' deep that has small scatt 3' saltcedars that collect thrash on them weeds grass ect. outside bend is 10' or so and dn river just a short ways is another outside bend with deeper water and a big tree with a rootball i believe these flats come in this thashy area to look for bait fish.when i first tried this spot i was always getting hung up sometimes able to pull it free and sometime not learn to just throw it in there and wait for a fish to get it then they would pull it out of that stuff thanks for letting me to share my story i have been fish the last mo by myself because i am here out of town working and noone to here my fishing stories that are fishermen or fisherwomen thanks still looking fo the big one

10. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice fish and welcome to the boc.

11. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I'm glad to hear another one is hooked! hope you find more out there man. I'd love to have access to that trashy snaggy spot your talking about.

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I agree. That would make a nice avatar.:0a25: Welcome to THE BOC also.:0a25:

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Nice fish, I would guess mid twenties. Welcome to the BOC. Now where did you say that farm pond was:smile2:.

14. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    im thinkin 20 pounds, but give a couple years in the bluegill pond and he'll be double that.

15. Goldenshinner

Goldenshinner New Member

nice fish, and welcome. my understanding is that flatties dont always do well in ponds, they are more suited for river situations.

16. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on a nice fish and welcome aboard!

My guess - hard to tell from a picture, of course, - would be 25 to 30. I think your buddies guesstimate is right in line.

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Nice fish. Welcome to the BOC.

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet.

Nice catch, that flattie will weigh about 25 pounds

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great fish! I am STILL waiting to land a biggun with rod and reel. They always seem to make it into that thick cover, and burry themselves in there, and I haven't been able to coax them out. All my bigguns have come off a trotline. While still exciting, it ain't near as fun as R&R.

20. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    nice looking flaty. i would say low to mid 20's, so 26 should be about right. keep em coming.