How big is to big?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by TX Fisherman, Apr 24, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    how big is to big for bluegills as bait? i just usin um to catch whatever kinda catfish i can but how big is to big?

2. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia

Attached Files:

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If you can get a hook big enough and can cast it and have a sinker that will hold it in place you can use any size bait for flatheads. I once caught a 25lb flat on a 3-4lb drum. (the only bait I could catch that night lol) I could only cast it about 30 ft behind the boat, but once they reach 25lbs or so a flathead can eat anything you can toss out. The bigger baits also tend to limit the range of flats you can catch so split them up half and half. Some large some medium. No need to use small baits. Medium for me is like 6 to 9 inches, anything over that is large. Good luck.

4. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    thats about what i was figurin, now when fishing for flatties what should u look for, (structure wise)

5. jonboy4542001

jonboy4542001 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Any kind of cover. Log jams, piers, brush, cut banks the nastier the better. Anything that makes the water move faster or swirl have always been good places in my opinions. Around dams are good places too but ya gotta be careful!