How bad can it get?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by catseeman, May 28, 2006.

1. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    April 21 2006 I bought a 91 Jimmy S15.
    Since then I have worked on this Piece of Junk everyday except for 2.
    I paid 90$ to chevy dealer on friday to tell me i got shafted.
    last night i took my 10 year old nephew (who is a good fishing buddy ) catfishing. Blue gills biting cat bait . so used gills for bait . No more bite after 5 hours of fishing .
    Went to leave ,had to push car backward ,no reverse.
    65 miles from home.
    It would go forward and made it to highway. My cousin passed me on hill
    called on cel and followed me home. rolled into driveway at house and heard grinding and other noises ,I dont know how to describe. I have a 92 blazer that i thought was in bad ship. But before long i will have transferred everything from ti to the supposedly good one.

I guess i shouldn't gripe to much. It did make it home, and he did catch some really small bluegills. But it is getting discussting.:sad2: :angry: :roll_eyes:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think I would be paying a not so pleasant visit to the person that sold it to me:beat_shot: :beat_plaster: :beat_brick: :dribble:

Then I would proceed to tell him how unhappy I was with it:choler:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel your pain..My son bought a lemon last year and put 2000 bucks into a thousand dollar car that sits in a junkyard.

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    ive had so many it aint funny been driving sence 17 now 37 only 20 years and 23 cars and or trucks lol knock on wood aint never had a lemon long enuf to get in my pocket all of them were used the cheapest one was $100. and i payed $25. transfer i put a 100k miles on it already had 125k on it sold it for $250. that owner put 60k on it and traded it in on new one it was a pontiac catalina 1978 the most expensive one was the present one its a gmc sanoma 1999 $17k had 40k on it when i got it has 187k now 67k on rebuild sometimes its cheaper to buy from individual cheap and drive the piss out of it dont never put more than what it books for minus the puchase price in it unless you have payments to make good luck

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'll second that!!!!! Get a Ford!!!!!!!!

Especily if you need a truck.......Best selling truck for 28 years running simply because they are the best trucks on the market

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Been there done that. I bought a new ranger back in 95 sold it 2 years later with 9k on it sat in the dealership more then on the road. I know I will stick with my full size ford and dodge anyday over a small one. Owned 3 chevys in my life never kept them more then 6 months got tired of dumping money in them.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ya mean ya'd rather drive it than wear it...:lol: That's what it felt like for me...

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Toyota 4x4 first choice. My 93 has 269K on it and other than the normal stuff just had to replace a starter (and that was just last year).

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    That's terrible Leonard! It happens all the time.:sad2: You never know what you're getting when you buy a used vehicle. That sucks to hear. Sorry buddy.

10. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The problem is all those, #!#@$&@ parts made in mexico and every where else where there dollar and a half hour labor is making more junk that needs to be thrown away, instead of sold. DEMAND AMERICAN MADE. Toyotas and Hondas are making more products in the states than the so called american manufacturers. I looked for over a month for a pair of american made shoes. IMPOSSIBLE. The other problem is no imployer wants to train anyone just want to tell them as fast as u can as long as it looks like it should we dont care if it really works! Corporate GREED. See it every day in the building trades. No skill any more just speed. Who cares if u buy a 300 thousand dollar home and cant get 150 out of it 5 years down the road. I wouldnt have a pre fab home built buy illegals if u gave it to me. Walls will be three inches out of level and the foundation will leak crack and start to sag, drywall breaking, bricks crooked, and the list goes on and on. THANKS for listening needed to vent. Totally off of subject, sorry

11. Chance

Chance New Member

State:
    United states
    Watch what you buy right now especially from some people >there wher alot of vechiles down here that were flooded fro the hurricane

12. catfishernick33

catfishernick33 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm with the other ford guys. If you are looking for a good vehicle buy a ford. I have a full size bronco and it hasn't let me down yet. Plenty of fun off-road too.

13. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well at this point in my life ( age 39) I had a great Chevy Monza then a great Ford Explorer then a another great Ford Explorer then a great Nissan Pick Up then it started to rain.....I boughta chevy Blazer and tried to lemmon law it and just missed on some of the figures needed to have a Manadtory lawsuit so I basically gave it away, then bought a Dodge Durango and really liked it and was great UNTIL the rain started getting harder in my life and it waited until I was laid off and it decided at 65k to really have all its problems, Ball Joints, Transmission, Overdrive Bearing, Air Conditioner, etc, so about 5k later ( having lots of private work done on it by the family mechanic) Got rid of it and bought a Ford Expedition which I really liked but then bought an old Ford f250 for 3k and right after i bought it I thought it needed a tune up but found out the engine was blown and so 2200 later, I have a 3k valued Ford that now has cost me 5200 so I figure if it runs great for about the next 10 years as my tow vehicle, then it will be worth it, the jury is still out,
    Long story short, I wont ever buy another Chevy or Dodge product at this point so that pretty much leaves me witht he Ford so as long as it holds up, Ill be ok but if it goes out then Ill be going foreign.

Salmonid

14. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    You want to know how bad it can get.......well you don't look like ol JW yet do ya???????? If not it ain't that bad....LOL Brothe I wish I knew what to tell you but hey your still having to look down to see the grass so there is a bright side.

15. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    It can get worse!! I bought a 94 3/4ton chevy 4x4 for $4500 and in a few months the motor was blown. I put in a brand new motor to find out the heads were cracked and ran antifreeze through the oil (rebuild time). So with the (new) new motor in the flywheel goes bad:sad2:. I gave up after this. Started driving the old 78 chevy, on the way to the lake with the boat in tow I look down @ the oil pressure guage and at 65mph I had no oil pressure:eek:oooh: About the time i got the words oh crap out the motor started knocking hard and died. I get everything home and start tearing into the flywheel on the 94. New flywheel is in and have had no troubles with it (yet). I have a toyota pickup with over 300k on the same motor and the only thing thats been changed is the battery and slave cylinder.