How are the catfish in Lake Anna?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gettin'fatter, Apr 18, 2006.

1. gettin'fatter

gettin'fatter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    How are the catfish in Lake Anna?

2. Jarosh

Jarosh New Member

State:
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Based on replies to other threads there doesn't seem to be much action on lake anna for cats. but then again I'm always hearing something about cats being caught there.

3. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I truly beleive lake anna holds the next state record channel cat,because the cats there are not highly pressured,and they have plenty of forage,and lots of room to roam.IMO!

4. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have had some big hits on my fishfinder, but I have not been able to figure out what they were. I thought they were probably stripers. I am going to try to find the shad this summer and see if I can find the big cats. I have access to the warm side so I might try in front of the warm water outlet.

5. flemflamman

flemflamman New Member

State:
    va
    Took a trip Mon night to the Christopher Run Rose Valley area to troll some for some dinner but didnt get a hit. I haven't been able to crack the code up there yet. Each trip is hit or miss for me. What about yall? The guys that fish it regular. Can you fish close to the dam?

6. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    I talked to some locals last week and I heard that a 53lb cat was shocked on the warm side. I talked to another guy who says he has caught some in the 10lb range floating 'gills.

7. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Did they say if the 53# was a channel,blue,or flat?

As far as i know their are only channels,with an occasional small flattie "talked" about.

8. ears

ears New Member

State:
    *Required*
  9. lakeannaman

lakeannaman New Member

State:
    Maryland
    thats a big fish all i have seen there is a 15 pounder and i have been fishing there for catfish for 10 years