How about those Big Dam Fish???

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by puddle jumper, Jun 13, 2009.

Are there Giant Cats at the Deep Dams in the US

1. Yup, I belive it no mater what anyone says...

2. No way, They are just stories...

3. Man, im on the fence...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Ok Guys,
    Bigfoot, Abdominal Snowman, UFO's, Old Nessy from the Lock???
    :tounge_out:
    I have been reading on here for about a year now and also all my life have heard the stories about the monsters cats that live at the bottom of the Dams, Well half the guys you talk to swear that’s it real :wink:the other half say bull,:crazy:,
    I think its Urban Myth, you think that with all these big fish hanging around all the dams in the country at least one of us really smart fishermen "or women" would figure out how to put a hook in one and bring it to the top:confused2:, I mean they have guys on the ocean that have been hauling up 600lb goliath grouper up from the bottom for all of these years but us dumb castfisher-folks cant figure out how to do it:crazy: I don’t by it...

Ok, here is my challenge catch one, and put it on here, post a pic of one, a you-tube video of them, lets bring the proof... with all the Aqua Views Cameras out there some one must be using them by a Dam...We know where to look...

I remember when I was growing up and hear that 96 Rock put ot the same challenge because of the same stories about Lanier here in Ga and never got a thing other than " I know a guy..."

What do you think???:cool2:
    Puddle

Disclamer,,, This is intended as I light conversation lets not get heated...:smile2:

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

These kind of rumors have been around as long as there,s been fishermen,and will probaly stay as long as there,s still at least 2 fishermen left in the world.Don,t hurt nothing as long as you take them for what they are,good old fish tales!Makes the BS a little more interesting.:wink:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am on the fence right now until some pulls a big one out.

4. Bocan

Bocan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    oh yes.. i do believe.. i have to believe.. its what gets my blood rolling and wanting to spend soooo many hours sitting at the river watching a "broomstick" of a pole doing much of nothing, night after night after night.. :eek:oooh: laugh if you will but HE WILL BE MINE. LOL

5. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Im with you Bocan, Im a true beliver of big fish as our brother Radish showed us a couple of years ago and im a avid chacer of them to,, but the VW size monsters they talk about 250--& 350Lb that could eat a man, nope not me:wink:

And welcome to the BOC brother..:smile2:
    Puddle

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Welcome to the BRO, I also agree ,,there is Monsters that swim under the water we fish..

As puddle was talking about the Big Blue that Radish caught and released, Its posted on here somewhere if you can find it.(HUGH) FISH:eek:oooh: 14-16" across the head????No telling how long?,I'm talking Hugh.:crazy:.

Now if that would have been a Flathead at that length.and (a proven fact that Flatheads can eat fish over 1/3rd of their size) I believe it could swallow a kid.(God forbid) I know it would try if given the chance.

I once caught a flathead that was about 8-10" long, didn't weigh a pound, which attacked and almost swallowed a 5-6" bluegill that was almost as long and twice as wide as he was..Half the gill was sticking out of its mouth, with its head lodged in its throat.:eek:oooh::crazy:.I remember the expression that little fellow had on his mug,:angry:,Like he was mad as heck because he couldn't get it down .:smile2:

I still wonder if that little dude would have swallowed that bluegill or died trying..:cool2:

I got the gill out, and released him for another day.With a appetite like that,and about 15yrs ago,, yep I can bet he's a Big Boy now..:big_smile:

7. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    This topic is dead and buried.

8. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i just voted yes and i plan to show yall as soon as i get a bigger boat so i can can get out there and fish it safely. lol i like to dream big:smile2:

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    150 lbs maybe. Big enough to hurt you, YES. I hope some one from the BOC catchs the one every one will talk about for years.

10. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I think that sometime during the year that the largest catfish in that
    body of water are at these dams. Its the perfect place for a big fish
    cooler water, plenty of oxygen, unlimited supply of bait fish. I don't
    mean 300# fish but I would not be surprised at a 130 to 150.

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've used those stories to settle my grand kids down when they got a little rambunctious in the boat. I truly believe there are fish out there that would be mind boggling, but then a 40 lb'er is a monster if all you catch is bait.:eek:oooh::smile2:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    OK you guys, every body that spoke of believing giant fish live below dams is backpeddling and saying around one hundred fifty pounds or so. Get with the question of the pole. Do you believe there are VW sized cats in there? Now I happen to know that they do not exist. The way a flat head is built, one that size couldn't stand the pressure, or eat as much food as it would need to sustain such a weight. Dream on! lol :tounge_out::eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I think there is also some pretty good sized fish below the spillways of these dams that hangout for an abundance of food that comes over the dams. Fishing pressure isn't real heavy because of a lot of boats can't get to some of these more shallow places and the currents keep a lot of people from wading out to them from the bank. Whether fish above 150 to 300 lbs get that big, who knows. Might be more myth then fact. But thats what keeps people heading out for a chance to hook into one.

14. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I sure there are some monster cats lurking around dams,the Texas state record bluecat "Splash" was 120lbs & caught by a dam wall.

15. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Its true for the flint river in Ga specialy around the albany dam in the south a diver went down years ago looking for indian artifacs and took a picture of one bout the size of a station wagon its was in the local papers I think its was about 15 years ago I will try to research it see can I find a good pic or the article on it

16. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Thats sounds cool Greg I would love to see the pic..:wink:
    Now the size of a station wagon would be a true big fish at least double the world record :eek:oooh:
    Puddle

17. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    man if u could find that pic and post it that would be awsome. Then i know i haven't been wasteing my life trying to catch fish that dont exsist lol. One day i'll either hook into a catfish as big as a VW or just hook into a VW either way i'll prolly loose em hehe.

18. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i gotta believe there ae monsters down there,,i know theres gotta be a 200 pounder somewhere in the country, but as per VW size cats, if i was divin and came face to face with an 80 pounder, first id probably soil my wetsuit, and that cat would be a semi truck by the time i was at the surface, thats how i think all them stories came around,,, an unexpected face to face encounter that scared the heck outta them for a minute, and it seemed bigger than it was.

19. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
  20. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Im a true beliver of big fish