How about them Tigers

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by theonecatfishbob, Oct 20, 2007.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Just watched Mizzou put a spankin on Texas Tech. I do belive these guys are for real. Hope they all stay healthy and keep playin like they are.

2. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Now, I put a post about the Missouri Tiger football team on the Local Missouri Talk board. How was that out of line. I would think Missouri folks would want to talk about their football team.

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Not out of line to me. It's not like you put it under a specific river or lake, I would interpret that as being proud and showing your support. Sounds like LOCAL TALK to me.

4. jedamy

jedamy New Member

State:
    mo
    that was a great game. hope they keep it up!

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

They better beat the crap out of everyone. My Huskers suck something awful and the only thing I'm looking forward to this year is Bill Callhan and Co. getting fired by Tom Osborne at the end of the season.

I would like to see nothing more then Missouri winning the rest of their games, and playing Oklahoma again for the Big 12 Championship. That time beating them, and making it too a BCS bowl game.

SudDawg

6. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I didnt think I would ever thank a Nebraska fan, but I guess nothing is impossible. Thank you sir and I sincerely hope your wishes come true.

7. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    MIZ-ZOU.......and the hoops team should be pretty good this year too. Been awhile since both teams were both real good but might be around the bend this year.

8. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I hope that is right too. I cannot think of a better sports year than both the football and basketball teams kickin butt. I dont have a college edumacation but I sure do root for MIZZOU. GO TIGERS

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Bob/Shane... I hope you guys can understand me wishing you were all wet. They could beat OU, Colorado did... but don't hold your breath waiting. You will be so blue everyone will think it is the cold effecting you. LOL

What Shane, no love for Callahan. Maybe the "F"ing hillbilly is on his way out - finally. He pretty much destroyed the football traditions of Nebraska. When he was fired at San Diego, wonder why Pederson thought he was so darn good.

10. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Lawrence, I would welcome a rematch and I am sure the Tigers would too. As for Nebraska, I remember when Mizzou had some trerrible problems. I can almost sympathise with them. ALMOST. A little lesson in humility never hurts. Oklahoma has a good team. But they have an Achiles Heel. And I just hope Coach Pinkel has it figured out. While I'm at it Coach Anderson is doing quite a job also. He has the team playing like days of old when Stormin Norman was at the helm

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I just would like to see a North Division team get that Championship Trophy. It's been awhile ya know.

Anyways...Yep, I've lost any love for Callahan and Co. My patients only goes so far. They have great players, but they can't get any emotion out of them if their life depended on it. I'm looking forward to the end of the year. Just to see if Osborne will decide to cut him this year or wait and see next year.

Callahan's problems are evident; I've only seen one game where he had his team hungry/fired up...Colorado 2005, his playbook is ridiculous big for college, and he plays to not get blown out instead to win!

Pederson's problem was he thought he could change traditions at Nebraska and be trusted because he was home-grown (North Platte, NE.) Well Nebraska football has allways been about tradition and family.

Go MIZZOU...Don't let me down...the North needs ya

SudDawg

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The thing about Callahan that disappoints me is that I feel I saw his character flaws the first two years he was at Nebraska. First the Hillbilly comment, then the throat cut gesture. These things could be accepted from a college kid, but not from a coach with NFL experience. I said you had a loser at that point, and to me, time has proved my right. My complete regret is just to see what he has done to a proud program. The OU/Nebraska game was even better than the OU/Texas game. We may cuss you, we may give you the rhubarb, But we respected the program and the fans. I guess we are in a love fest now with ALABAMA as they have got classy fans also. Same as Oregon, although I will personally lump ALL the Pac 10 officials and LSU fans right up there with Callahan. Wish we could get them fired also. LOL

13. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I agree wholeheartedly Lawrence. That guy Callahan has no class, and is a regular jerk. He'll get tossed out on his head at the end of this season, and he deserves it. His coaching ability blows, and his quality as a human being is even worse. Good riddance...... even if he is dragging down an old nemesis.:wink:

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Can you believe that Callahan says he believes his coaching job has been excellent. He said that in an interview...Can you freaking believe that.

SudDawg

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    only reason i believe it, Shane, is because i heard it...he may not make it to the end of the year at neb..and that ain't a bad thing for the huskers

16. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well we are one step closer. I would really love to run on out but next week aint gonna be no cake walk. One game at a time.

17. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Boy I tell you what. I am gettin excited about this. It looks like, at least on paper, we got a good chance to take at least 2 of the last 3 games. Kansas might be a bit of a challenge but they should win both of the next 2.

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Them tigers are having one heck of a season.

THe KU v MU game will be one you wont want to miss.

19. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    That will be one game I will be in front of a tv set if i am getting operated on. Two really good teams going head to head with a lot at stake. Cant wait for that one. Course Mizzou needs to win its next two to make it what it can be.

20. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Bob, I hope you can understand my wishing for Kansas to make it to the championship game. OU has all ready beat Missouri, and doesn't get any more quality points for beating them twice in the same season. Kansas however, is ranked right up there with OU and MO. It OU was to play them, and beat them, it may be enough to leap frog them into the number 2 place. Of course, no one knows, we have to wait and see. I'm sure every body is doing all the calculations to see what is necessary for their teams to advance. For the Big 10, they don't want a playoff game within the conference, neither does the PAC 10. The other conferences are going to beat the crap out of each other so I truthfully don't believe the best 1 and 2 team is going to make it to the BCS Championship. I know, the other conferences play the championship for the money, but how does the money level the playing field? It will let someone like the real OSU slip in the door.