How about them Sooners?

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  2. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    because north texas is defanitly a football power house :cool2: :big_smile_2:

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    but it sure was nice to see todd dodge loose a game =) (south lake carroll the team he left to coach for north texas has like only lost one game in the past 5 years or soemthin like that)

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Looks like the no Arkansas State.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    oooooh, ouch, was that a slap at the powerhouses. LOL. Everybody cannot be a Michigan.

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Looks like Oklahoma found their QB...And ol' Colt has troubles. Can't wait to watch Nebraska vs. Texas in Austin.

Husker/Sooner rematch for Big XII Champ....that's my prediction

SudDawg

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I hope Oklahoma is able to put the wood to Miami this weekend the way they rolled over N. Texas.

Suddawg, I hope your right! Id love to Oklahoma smash the Cornhuskers again!:wink:

8. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Sooners looked good may get a better test with the cane's:cool2:

9. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I know the sooners weren't playing a good football school, but neither did USC, Texas or Michigan. None of those "powerhouses" made it look quite as good as the Sooners did, and none of those schools had quite as many question marks on offense as the sooners did, going in.

I'm glad to see Bradford doing well. He was phenomenal.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    oh, oh, OU has moved up to number 5 in the polls. Hope they don't get Michiganized. LOL

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    yep, Lawrence....i hear the canes have a big ole boy on defense that moves the freight:confused2:

as a matter of fact, ole boy name of loadholt, a sooner O-lineman that is 6'8', said that this will be the first time he has faced someone as big as he is(defensive end for miami, calais is also 6'8'):smile2:

figures to be a good game which OU should win by at least 2 scores, but who knows? we'll see:big_smile:

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I hope the sooners destroy them. Everybody wants to talk $**t about the Big 12, and we could use some quality wins. I like OU over Miami, and my Huskers over Wake Forest. Only problem....I think TCU may be hungrier then UT. We'll see though

SudDawg

13. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i wonder if yall have been watching the acc lately? the Cane's have had some serious issues lately. i am sure that it will be nice to beat someone out of conference for yall but... Miami aint what it used to be. jmho

or do yall mean miami of ohio?

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Yeah, but Miami still has the big school name. Plus it's just a good non-conference game. Missouri plays Ole Miss at Ole Miss, Huskers play Wake at Wake and Texas plays TCU. Big 12 really just needs to play big this weekend or start looking like a laughing stock.

SudDawg

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    true, that, Jonathon...Thug U was but a stepping stone for the sooners today:smile2:

those sooners looked good....may be time for another trophy this year!:big_smile:

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i forgot to give miami some credit - they did hold OU to 28 points under their average for the year:smile2:

17. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Yeah yeah!!! Thats ok we (THE U) got our butts kicked! But thats ok, 1st year head coach and OC and DC We will be back!!! GO CANES!!!Good Luck to all of your teams this year.

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sooner r ltre thr gonnnnnnnnna get beate lol

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You mean they may have to play Michigan or Ohio State? Oklahoma, unlike other universities, do not run from marquee match ups. That is how they usually get points for quality wins. And whereas the Big 10 schools get to play Texas once every dozen years, OU plays them every year. We will take what the schedule gives us and hopefully, in January it will be USC or LSU. But somehow or another, I don't think a Big 10 school will be in the running this year.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you are probably right on the national championship game. i'm a avid buckeye fan.. they are decent, but i see them losing 2 or 3 games being honest with you.. Oky, plays as tough schedule , but if ohio would happen to be there, and beat em....would you say Awshucks??...? lol :smile2: rollo