How About Them Kentucky Lake Catfish?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by glenmorebuckman, May 2, 2006.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Has anybody been to Ky. lately? Channel cats should be coming into rip rap banks now. I'm thinking about trying it out this weekend.Any reports?

2. shadow

shadow New Member

The are on the banks, and in good numbers. The action should last for a while.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    That's good news. Hope the same is true here in Arkansas. We'll find out tomorrow

4. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went to barkley and ky lake on wed fished all day for catfish.I didn't catch any. Used evrything skip,shrimp,shad,leeches,and nightcrawlers. I did catch a 30lb Drum on the back side of ky dam. That was fun. oh well it sure beats working.

5. cornbreadnky

cornbreadnky New Member

State:
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Hey guys he was not kidding, we fished all day and the best we did was 3 drums/1 small mouth/ 1 small channel and some skip jacks. It was a raining day with lots of wind. we tryed 6 or 7 spots with not much luck, but had fun anyway. this is my first message on your group and im very glade witone72 told me about it. thanks and be safe.
    cornbreadnky:cool2:

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC cornbread! Glad to have ya on the best site on the net!

7. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    where do you all recommend putting in to catch these kentucky cats.

8. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went over to mow and work on the cabin today because it was just too windy for me to fight it. They had a lot of rain last week and the water was up and muddy. I did talk to some people but most were after red ear and gill. One said he was catching gill for bait and ended up just sticking with the gills. Talked to one guy that caught a few cats on the rocks below Kenlake campground that were in the 2 to 3 pound range.

They are taking the gill at Kenlake bridge and the marina on the rocks with crickets and worms. It was one of the few places not battered by the wind this weekend

Blood river was doing good this week according to a friend. He said his father in law and two of his fiends slayed 65 cats Wednesday thru Friday. I have no idea of the bait, rigs, or locations yet but will find out later when they start bragging to me.

9. shadow

shadow New Member

Caught 12 yesterday(largest a 10 lb knotheaded channel) fishing with minnows off a neighbors dock.

10. nutcase

nutcase New Member

State:
    Murray, KY
    Saturday i was at the kenlake bridge and caught two large gills on nightcrawlers and no cats but i did'nt stay long because of the wind

A friend and I were in the bloodriver area Sunday and only caught one small channel,five large gills and alot of smaller gills. we were using leeches and nightcrawlers, and the channel came off the leech.

11. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got the report. They caught the cats just out from the mouth of Blood River next to the island with 2 trots in 6 to 8 feet of water. Said they caught 10 on rods all week.

They used cut shad, gill, and minnows on the trots.

I'm headed there tomorrow. I'm going to try the rocks.

Glad to know they have leaches back in stock. Thanks.