How about that dirty bird?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flat_head_fred, Aug 27, 2008.

1. flat_head_fred

flat_head_fred New Member

State:
    ok
    Anyone in the okc area fish thunderbird? i am headed out there to camp this weekend and was just curious if there are some areas that produce better than others. Im not species specific, if its got wiskers and you need two hands to pose it im all about it. thanks in advance.

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    welcome to B O C ! i`m sure someone will have some info on the muddy lake thunderbird

3. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I already have my 5th wheel set up at Thunderbird and will be there all weekend. I will send you a pm

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Chad.

5. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'd say that T-bird is very underated as a catfish lake, I'd say it's as good as any lake I've fished, you get some fresh shad, and fish it cut or whole and you should be able to catch a few, and there's some big cats in that lake. Good Luck, this weekend though, it'll probably be crowded I usually stay away from T-bird on the weekends.
    :smile2:

6. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cut or whole shad result in blues or channels, put a live perch on and set back relax. You did not day if bank fishing or juggin or anchored on a honey hole. Lokk for locatoins and then work on presentation. Good luck.
    Keep them lines wet

7. flat_head_fred

flat_head_fred New Member

State:
    ok
    thanks to all for the welcome and the advice.