How about some reports?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    OK,
    I know at least some of you fished this past weekend. Where are the reports? We want to hear about your fishing. Good, bad, or otherwise. Catfish, crappie, bream, bass, or anything else. Lets here it Arkansas.

SquirtsPop, I know you fished Friday night. Lets hear a report.

I didn't get a chance to fish this weekend. I had a committment Saturday for our yearly planed company outing and didn't get home in time to fish. I plan on cleaning up my boat and having it ready for Friday afternoon and hopeful Saturday morning. Nothing in concrete yet but planning on wetting a line sometime late this week.

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    This was posted last Tuesday, in case you missed it.

Went out before breakfast to do a little crappie fishing. Crappie was slow, only caught a couple then this little fellow hit. I had a great 10 minutes getting him in using a light crappie spinning rod/reel, 4 lb line and a small crappie hook with a little red minnow.
    7lbs 4oz.

I couldn't get the link to the post to work, only the image.

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    olefin,
    I did miss that catch somehow. I'll bet the striper put up some fight on that light tackle. Nice catch.

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Went Sunday and caught a six pound channel and four bream, was at Horseshoe Lake. People in the deep water were bringing in slab crappie.

5. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    went fishing at a damned bayou in faulkner county this evening with a few friends. caught around 10 bass (i know i should be catfishin) with 3 being big enough to keep. also all my pictures are too much memory to post, can anyone tell me how to make them smaller to post on here so i can get my boys pics?

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I use Irfanview, which you can download from this site (or at least you used to be able to). All you have to do is open the picture, click on Resize and change the size. If you don't have the 'preserve aspect' box checked, you can end up with some really funny looking pictures, so be sure it's checked.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
  8. BUGFOOD

BUGFOOD New Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    Went smallmouth fishing on the Mulberry river. Lost count after 21 that was at 8am fished till 4pm they never slowed down. Great day !

9. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I caught a mess of skipjack Monday afternoon. Noticed that the power plant was generating so had to check it out. The water was flowing but not hot. My daughters and I caught about 45 in about 1.5 hours. Also caught one baby bass. We dropped anchor on the AR side of the river and fished a ledge for about 20 minutes. Didn't get a tap. Ran low on daylight and headed in.

Attached Files:

10. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I set out some yoyo's and a trotline on the Saline River south of Sheridan this past Saturday night. Over about a six hour period we had 14 channel cats with a stringer wieght of 35 lbs. No real monsters but some good eating none the less.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Caught this 14.9 flat and a 2.14 bass last night.

Attached Files:

12. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey folks,
    Nice reports. Olfin, that is a nice flat. Joe, two good looking little girls you have there. Real happy to see you have them fishing. Jim, that was a good night you had there. Thirty plus pounds and nothing real big makes some real good eating. Lets keep the reports coming. I am hoping to get on the river this weekend. However, the weather folks are calling from rain Saturday. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it is.

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    What were you baiting with?

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Dayton, Did you use live gill for bait to catch the Flat?:confused:

15. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Tim Griffis fished at Wilbur Mills over the weekend. He said the water flow was high on Saturday but shut off on Sunday. The fishing success followed the water flow. Below are the results of Saturday.

Tim said to tell everyone hello. He isn't able to get on the board from work any more and doesn't have (or want) the internet at home. That is his son in the pic.

Attached Files:

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes, they were caught on live bluegill. Last night I put out 3 lines with 3 hooks on each. This morning found one line with a broken nylon cord leader, the flat and bass were on another line and one line is hung up under water wrapped around a dock post. With my camera I can see a channel cat on it down about 8 foot. :sad:

17. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Went yesterday evening on the Ar. river and caught 15 cats in 2 hrs......DK was the bait of choice;)

18. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Come on Big Sam, give us some more details!!!! Congrats on the good trip. 15 fish is two hours is a great trip.

19. Tiger 22.2

Tiger 22.2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Set some shortlines on the Red river the 24th and 25th. We caught around thirty head. Only 3 flatheads in the bunch. Storm blew in early tues. morning and soaked every thing plus blew the tent in. We decided that discretion was the better part of valor and pulled our lines then hotailed it to the truck.
    Tiger

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Tiger, what was you using for bait?