How about some info on eels?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Asartin, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    I've used eels down at the coast for stripers, we buy them from about any bait shop down there. Other than that I know nothing about them. What areas do they live, do bait shops around raliegh sell them, what can you catch them on? Sorry for the battery of questions, this sounds really interesting to me.

2. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    not sure if sold around that area....but fro what i hear probably not..........catchem on standar spot rig......if fishing fresh water.......use chicken livers.........salt water use fresh shrimp.........can find frozen eel at asian food markets.........gander mountain sales them.........and quiet a few places local to me........but the best ones are the ones you catch........fish them in a carolina rig with about an 8/0 octopus circle...........no roll sinkers, we use 40-50lb test with 80-100 liter!....add a cigar cor between the hook and swivel to keep the eel off the bottom...........weight....thats preference........lol......i use 6 to 12oz........depending on where im fishing!:0a26: good luck!:wink: