How about sardines?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by vclifford28, Oct 17, 2008.

1. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was watching a buddy of mine eat a can of sardines and though I was thoroughly disgusted,it looked like it may be good cat bait! Very oily and the strong pungent smell of fish.Anyone use them before?

2. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Sardines, crackers, and cheese for me and the catfish can have cutbait!

3. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    sardines are great for all types of catfishing. you can use um in ponds lakes rivers where ever. the thing is dont use the ones in the can they are good if you use pantyhose so they wont fall apart. most times the local grocery store will carry whole sardines they are about 4-7 inches long, use um whole or cut. They normally come 5 in a bag for about $1.50. me i'll take 1-2 bags and marrinate them in some homemade garlic sauce or some nacho cheese especially if i'm fishing ponds. also check your grocery store and see if they have any other types of whole fish. pike mackrel is reeling good. hope this works for you.:big_smile:

4. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    TinyB you my kinda of thinker , give me some sardines , crackers and a dill pickle. I will not feed this kind of gourmet food to a catfish :smile2:

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    You can take sardines, mackrel, or salmon and use them as a base to make a good dough bait. Plenty of fishy smell in any of these to attract cats with.

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i like my sardines with pork rinds,but crackers are good too...but if i was to go fishing with them i would beat the fish to it:big_smile:

7. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have only eating them with crackers. I might share if I open the can early enough on my fishing trip. I bet it would work though!

8. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Catfish can have all the sardines they want. DISGUSTING. Probably would work for bait if you can get it to stay on the hook.

9. southtxcatter

southtxcatter New Member

State:
    texas
    sounds good to me...we sued to catch them on lye soap al the time ..why not sardines

10. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I hear about using soap,never tried it. How do you do it?

11. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I especially like the ones in mustard. If you haven't tried them, you should. I wouldn't waste them on catfish, and they would never stay on the hook anyway.

12. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Come on Mo get with the rest of us. They are good for what ails you. Bill Me and you and mustard all the way.

13. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    dont get me wrong i'll eat sardines out of the can all day long and the fish wont get those, go get a bag of frozen sardine in the seafood section they work great. i got a few decent channel cats on um last night. and some really good bites. Well this is my opinion eat um or fish with them or do both, keep up the good fishing brothers.:big_smile: