How About Ft. Cobb Oklahoma - Anyone fishing?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfunk, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Catfunk

Catfunk New Member

State:
    OK
    I go to Ft. Cobb almost every year and always end up at ??white catfish cove??? Any Ft. Cobb fans out there? If so, where are the May hotspots as I am planning a trip next month.

Oh, and for the carp people, I catch a ton of them at Ft. Cobb every year;)

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have fished it a little. One thing about Cobb is that I get as lost as anyone can get in the state trying to get to Cobb. Have no idea what it is because I can generally go anywhere I want to. I turn an hour and half drive into a three hour drive. lol

3. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i am going to try and get out there this weekend, i hear cobb creek is the place to go, but i dont know where at on the lake it is and cant find a map. so if any1 knows how to get there or where i can get a map please let me know thanx.

4. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  5. ChiefHookumPullum

ChiefHookumPullum New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    a friend went to cobb wed he said they was hitten good on shad heads a 12lbs and 13.6 and some 5.lbs i wasnt there i dont know when i go there i get smoked every thing but a cat heck ive even got a hat out of there your friend chiefhookumpullum

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Ft. Cobb has got to be the weirdest lake I've ever fished. If you wanna catch catfish, about the only bait that will cats cats exclusively is punch bait. If you fish with worms, the sandies will kill you. If you fish with crawdads, the hybrids & sandies will kill you. Minnows, the sandies don't want anything to do with usually. Weird weird weird. The last time I was there, I was just giggling and shaking my head the whole time at what I was catching. Those fish eat some strange stuff.

That is one of our favorite places to camp, though. It's a lot of fun, and a really pretty lake. The back 9 on the golf course is unreal, so if you're a golfer then you'd better bring your sticks!!!

Jerrod

7. OkCountryHun

OkCountryHun New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My sons Bow Club is having their anual carp shoot May 12, 13 & 14, at Ft. Cobb. Usually it isn't a big group of people but we have a good time. We always manage to catch enought fish for a fish fry. If anyone is in the area, drop by and say hi or camp with us. We are always in the same area. Go across the dame to camping area A.

8. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    welcome to the b. o. c. used to do that more than a few years ago. have a great time at the cobb, have a day.

9. phatcat

phatcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I go there every chanse i get . still learning the lake though. I like to set jugs in the shallows off the points about14 to 20 ft of water minows are always good cut shad are better.Im therethis weekend, look for a red 16ft Lowe. Ill be in area 5 with a bunch of Good Samers. Scott-Phatcat