How about a ''Wabash"

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by coyotee1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. coyotee1

coyotee1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Ive been fishin the wabash for 6 years now, lookin for so more info on farther north of hudsonville, got a new boat this year with a bigger motor, ill be able to get up and down the river alittle faster!
    also what bait you fellow catfishin buddys use on the river, my go2 is live goldfish & bluegill for the flats & stink bait (sonnys), cut shad, & carp for the blues, also have caught blues on goldfish... any info would help
    thanks..... Go down water DAM&%IT!!!!!

2. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I'v been fishing the wabash for 30 year's .There's a boat ramp at Darwin's ferry on the ILL. side and straight across the river on the IND' side is a place to launch a boat. .You'll be about 10 mile above Hutsonville and 15 mile's below Terre Haute.I like fishing above Darwin because it's narrower and there is less hoop netter's once you get upstream a way's .I'v been waiting for 2 month's for the water to go down but after this week it dosen't look like that;s going to happen.I'v fished the wabash from montazuma to the ohio river.I think if we get the chance to go we will go to Clinton IND. to start with....

3. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    clinton is a good area to start from so is montezuma darwins ferry is also nice place to fish . with the water up right now i,d be down by darwins ferry walking along the canal and fishing it where last time we caught some nice blues and flatties out of they run up thru there to get out of the current and there,s plenty of other bait fish that do the same i,m gonna head down there sat and walk the canals there,s like 5 miles of canals off the indiana side on the road that goes down to the ramp . most of those canals are 5ft deep at normal level,s with all this rain i,d bet thier 8 to 10 ft deep just right for cats to run up in and hide. and my go 2 baits are gill,s and crawdads and stink bait home made. i hope this helps ya since it,s hard to get a boat out on the water like it is .

4. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    It's rainning here but hopefully they won't get much north of here .We are stillplanning on Clinton if we get the right condition's..

5. coyotee1

coyotee1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i just go done buildin a rod holder for my NEW boat, I am so ready to put it on the river, its a 20' 60'' with a 35hp merc, im used to fishin the river out of a 14' lake john with a 5hp evinrude, gonna be a toltally different world out there this year, comes with brand new foot controled trolling motor, depht finder(not used to having a depht finder that makes things a lot easier than dropin a line every 5 foot.... up by darwins ferry, I've been there on the bank many times. Used to run the river bottoms a lot when I was younger never fished the ditchs down there, but I have shot a lot of carp down there when the river comes up. What about permission along the ditchs that are not along the roads?

6. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    good luck with the new rig....can't beat darwin for some good fish'n

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I always used live bluegill for flatheads on the Wabash. Good luck and I hope that water level drops for you!

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome to the b.o.c.!

gills for flatheads

channels- cut shad, gills, skippies, chubs........ and the best punch bait i have tried is danny kings blood.

9. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    rain ,rain and more rain ...ugh