How about a hot cup of mocha?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamcatcher, Aug 26, 2006.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

http://www.ico.org/crisis.asp

This is a link to the International Coffee Organization that gives a bunch of information on its history, and the present world crisis as it relates to coffee. I am doing some market research (school assignment) on brewing machines, and the information I found on this commodity is staggering to say the least. Without question it is the second most valuable commodity in the world behind oil.:crazy: Admittedly, I am not a coffee drinker so my being able to relate to this phenomenom is extremely null at best, however many of you wake up to a hot cop (or maybe three) of lifer juice (couldn't help it vets) every morning. What makes it so stimulating? Taste? Tradition? Or is it that jolt that you need to get you going?

The other thing that interest me is the crisis situation as it relates to the farmers that grow the stuff, and the corporations that exploit the situation. What seems oxymoronic is the industry is failing because TOO much coffee is being grown! Isn't that a kick in the head? As a result some of the largest coffee producers in the world are having to revert to alternate means to make a living because they can't afford to keep up a crop at bottom basement pricing. How does this affect you as a consumer, or does it? Read the link and tell me what you think. I would like to hear your perspectives.

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I gotta have my coffee just as soon as I get up in the morning, coffee pot has it brewed ten minutes before time to get up. It's a caffeine thing I guess or the wake me up that keeps me drinking it. I do know of people that just have to have their morning pepsi or coke-cola before they do anything in their day