How about a fixer upper tractor left over from Ike?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Apr 8, 2009.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    On our way to Galveston, TX last month we drove along the coast where there was once water front homes. That was before hurricane Ike. I saw the tractor below next to the road. They said it was almost completely covered in sand after Ike. The area behind the tractor was once where house stood.

The road we drove was closed for a couple months due to sand and debris. Still piles of debris along the road waiting to be hauled. The area only recently got drinking water back in service. Very few houses have been built back. Only a couple business's were open.

Galveston still shows much Ike damage. We were going to eat at Joe's Crab Shack on the waterfront but it's still boarded up as you can see in this picture.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I think I'll stay with the old Farmall tractors around these parts...a whole lot less work to restore!

Those are some tragic pictures there, Dayton. The process of rebuilding will be a long one, if they choose to rebuild. IMHO, they're smarter to move inland.

3. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now if that was an International tractor it would still be running.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dayton that old tractor would be a big project. I think I will pass. Thanks for sharing the pics. Its hard to believe the damage that hurricane leave.

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Looks like there is still some good rubber there, it's got potential:wink:

Dang thats a bummer about Joe's. I love that place!

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL about the tires.
    Not too bad about Joe's, the one down on Seawall Blvd. was open! :wink:
    There's another good eating place down from the closed Joe's. Fisherman's Wharf, at Pier 22, their fried oysters and fish were very good!