How about a fishing report for a change?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Oct 23, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I'm back to my old self. Only managed one slam and lost it. Fished water from 40ft to 5ft. Had asian carp, shad and even a foot long skipjack. I blamed the south wind, but then it came from the north. I couldn't tell the difference.

I marked zero fish all evening. With that said, I'm giving it another shot tomorrow.

I saw a few other boats when I put in at CB. Was that any BOCers??

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    You headed out on yer own did ya? None of them fellerz are fishing? What is up? Hey atleast ya got out to fish......

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Apparently, Greg didn't get the memo.:wink:

4. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I think they are in time out mode

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Screw it, I'm going back out there tonight. I haven't caught squat watching "Grey's Anatomy". So, if nothing else, at least I'll have a chance.

6. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    went to chester monday the only bites were fiddlers

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Any of you Gateway cat fishing fools fishing any time this week? I would really like to catch a catfish of some type out of that damn river before 2008 is over :sad2: LOL. So if your going and have a few lessons left in ya let me know, I have got the riding around part down pretty well.....:smile2:

8. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Randy I would have taken you out but there is a duck blind on top of my boat now guess will will have to try again in 09 starting in March.

9. east tide

east tide New Member

State:
    MO
    Riverfront today 3:30-5:30

Saw 3 15-20lb fish taken, not sure what variety from the distance?

I came one step closer and had some solid hits, not little fish playing with the bait. Found a spot with a decent bottom and didn't lose any gear.

One step closer.

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    That's ok justin, I know th e only real reason them boats have that blind over them anyway..... :smile2::smile2:

Have ya shot Donald yet?

11. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Went out Saturday night. Boated 2 channels 5-7lbs early in the evening, 1 blue 20 lbs, 2 blues 30lbs or better, and had a hog on but lost him when he swam towards me. It was a late bite, first blue wasn't caught until 3am. Had a heck of a good time!

12. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Gup,

Congrats on the catch -- gives me hope. It looks like you fish the Missouri river. Is that where you were at this weekend? Any depth or structure tips? I'm heading out tomorrow night on the Mississippi.

Thanks

13. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I got off work early yesterday and hit the river. We put in at Alton Marina. While locking thru we noticed they were dumping rock above the dam and had a few of the tainter gates closed. After we locked through, we threw the net about 5 times at the warm water discharge and had way more than enough shad. And we caught one 8" skipjack in the net. Yeah, in the net. :smile2:

We headed over below the dam where they had the gates closed and anchored up. The boat spun around with the back towards the dam. And we began to fish.

Wound up with 3 missed fish....:angry: A 29 lb., a 25lb., and about 10 other fish between 10 and 20ish pounds. We fished that one spot for about 4 hours, and then headed home.
    Wish I could get back out.... I just know there's some big ones swimming around in the calm water below the dam. :sad2:

14. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    WTG Dan! It sounds like you all had a good trip!!

15. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Congratulations on a good trip!!

16. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Good trip Freespool. I'm still kicking myself when that very scenario occurred last year and Pearl and I weren't smart enough to take advantage. If my memory serves me correctly, you proceeded to go out there the next day and bust them. I'm ying'ing while you're yang'ing when it comes to fishing backwards behind the dam.

Anyway, we went out last night as well and managed three "randoms" - a 33, 15, and 11. Only had three bites and all were in 40+ of water. Didn't fish much of the shallow stuff, so I'm sure that's where they were at. I bet I didn't graph 10 fish total last night, so we certainly weren't in them. I couldn't get the Rat's report from last November out of my head where he nailed them in 80ft.

Attached is a picture of G.I. Joe (i.e. Pearl, Yeller, Lanny, Erik) with the biggest one.

Attached Files:

17. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Not exactly your best night but sounds like a good time on the water. I will have to get out there with you again soon, but these deer and ducks keep getting in the way.:roll_eyes:

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well at least with a duck blind over the top of your boat you don't have to worry so much about those darn Carp knocking you out of the boat.Right.

19. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    You're right gpolce.... Last year, we ran into the same scenario, and we did pretty good. Whats funny is, I was with the same 2 guys as last time. :smile2: I'm wondering if they are still dumping rock up there, and if the gates are still closed. Work.... HA! I have better things to do. :cool2:

20. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I can confirm they weren't dumping rock yesterday. Tainter gates were open which made for a less than stellar evening on the water. Managed 2 fish on a sharp drop in 40+ft of water. The larger one was about 20lbs.

That was disappointing to the say the least. I can't time it for sh*t.