Houston

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by thecatman, Feb 17, 2006.

1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    Who should the texans take with the first pick of the draft? or should they trade the pick?

2. augila

augila New Member

State:
    Texas
    They need to get the back from So. Cal.

3. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i personnally think that they should trade down and get some quality offensive linemen they have the backs though with morency and davis

4. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I think they should take vince young. They have a good back in davis and at least young could attempt to run away from the rush since he is mobile. Poor carr just keeps taking a beating every year.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bush, if they must pick from the top three. But, maybe a trade to get either a couple of good offensive linemen, or a couple of draft choices that could be used for linemen would be best. Carr's not a throwaway quaterback, he's still young, and someone else will come along in a couple of years that can fill his shoes. Young is just too far away from being a starting quarterback.

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    They have to pick Reggie Bush,he is hands down the best player and will be a playmaker in his rookie season,and is him on the field it will take the pressure off of David Carr and the line will do a little better protecting him.Worry about linemen after you get the best payer

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A rookie is NEVER a sure thing. The game is just so much faster. I think they take Bush, but I dont know it its the wisest move. You already have a Pro Bowl Calibur RB. I thik if they some how dont pick Bush the fans support would suffer. I think they almost have to pick him.

8. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    i know a rookie is never a sure thing but the fact Bush can be used in so many different ways is what makes him so dangerous.

9. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Pick Bush and trade Davis for some Off. line help. Just a thought.

10. BigKatDaddy

BigKatDaddy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Trade down for multiple picks. Davis is a quality back, Bush won't do anything with the line they have. A trade of Davis will not bring the number of linemen they need, too many free agent runningbacks this year. Trading down could result in a couple of first & second round picks over the next two years in addition to maybe a veteran lineman thrown in for good measure.

Young would not be a good pick for them, as they would have to commit to an offensive change that would accomodate his playing style, (see Atlanta and Vick) and again, thier weaknesses in the line would not allow Young the chance to freestyle the way he needs to in order to be effective.

11. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I gotta agree...how in the world do you pass on Bush??? This guy will end up being all that within a couple years...if not his first year.