Houston we have a major problem!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I just got off the telephone with a forty year old carpenter that just found out that he has bladder cancer. A friend told the carpenter to call me because I had been thru it and was still kicking.

I informed him that everything would be okay and layed out what would happen to him in the days ahead. What I told him appeared to put his mind at ease, but then he told me what was really bothering him. He and his wife do not have health insurance and he and the doctors office were both trying to find him some outside assistance. I suggested he check on medicade or medicare and he informed me that he had and that if he was an immigrant he could get emergency medicade. That blew my mind that a US citizen could not get emergency medicade, but an immigrant could. He went on to say that immigrant's were slowing taking his work away and he was supporting their emergency medical care. What in the hell is going on in Washington, DC ?

The end.

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mac i know what your saying it seems our government has forgotten who they are working for.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Mac I feel your fursteration and your friends wants and need for help. I have been fighting this for my wife for over three years now. She has compiled over 90.000 in hospital and doc bills and I can't get insurance on her and she paid in more in social security the most have made in a life time but we are out of funds and the bills keep coming. I am going to denounce my citizenship and sneak across the border some where and get some of this free aid that we have all paid for.

4. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Helping americans don't get there name in the paper like helping immegrants does.I know its a bunch of BS.:angry:

5. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Mac what you said is very true. Help our own not others

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree with what you are saying. As far as what's going on in Washington, I better keep my mouth shut on that one.

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats wrong in so many ways! Our government is upside down! People, we need to set it straight. VOTE!

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I know exactly what you are saying.My Dad was diagnosed with cancer Oct.05 and passed away in April of 06.Not even six months.He too was a carpenter who had paid taxes and medicare and also insurance. Worked harder than anyone I know, also served in the 101st Airvorne Division in Vietnam.Three months before he became sick he had moved to Oklahoma on Kaw lake to take a new job so he didnt have insurance.Two brain surgerys,over a month in the hospital and he has to worry about leavin a debt behind. My mom was sued because she couldnt afford the well over
    $100,000.00 medical bill. The whole time he was sick no one would help. No disability, no VA, no help at all.Is this how we should take care of our veterans?I have seen it first hand something needs to be changed.

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Veterans are about to keep losing. Heard that they might be taking away retirement for their years of service and only paying when they reach 55 years old I believe the age was. Plus the medical insurance now that was guaranteed back in the day is now costing more and more. I believe last figure I heard was about to triple for the year? Bunch of things coming down the pipe.

Bottom line... "thanks for giving to the country and paying for foreigner's life and welfare"

Medicine is cheaper in other countries. Why? We do the research and it needs paid for and funded. America soaks that expense and exports the drugs and medicine for cost of the pill... not for the lab work, technilogical advance in modern medicine, scientists, pharmacutical companies, the product control for safety and health regulations, etc.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    it makes me pretty sick to see my paycheck with the deduction for medicare and know that i cant afford health insurance for myself. i havent been to the doctor in years. probably should but just cant afford it. its kinda scary really.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont even get me started on Immagrants

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    i have been wondering what happened to[ by the people for the people ] and what can we do to reinstate that government the citizens and legal immigrants should come first [as in taxpayers]

13. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    There is a documentary by Micheal Moore called Sicko. I think that everyone should see this film. It compares our wonderful health care system in the US to other countries. After you watch it you may just want to back your bags and move to Canada or even Cuba.

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I couldt agree more I almost got hospitalised over my teeth awhile back for alot of the same reasons and work roud here is scarce,My ole lady an kids have help but not me because they are #1 I have to do it this way to make it..... and I dont have a steady job but when I work I get paid and I do everything from cut trees,land scaping,service vehickles...I am skilled and I know how to hustle....Save cans junk paint ,auto body....the econamy stinks and what happened to taking care of our own?I am bitter about some American Moral standings...I want no sympathy ... I love and believe in my country but we have big trouble in little China.......our children are dying overseas cause we have a moral conduct to uphold...Geniva convention...hey aint no rules in war tis bow down and see the light ,on the field no one wins but I am just one bitter opionion washington aint tryin to hear....and immagration...they aint supose to be here?DONT LET ME CALL IT!They are messin with my dream!

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Maybe Michael moore should go there

16. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Ya, I think the Govt is upside down at times. Congress oughta get busy and make it so we can do something. Seems we got laws that prevent us from doing what we know is right. Its like I explained to another old person. When your medical bills get more than your worth in tax payments, a decision might get made to let ya go. Claimin the social security is goin broke, but givin it to immigrants who just moved here and turned 65 and never paid into it is wrong.

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    If I am reading this correctly, y'all think that this friend of LakeNorman's and BubbaKat's wife should have access to medical care? If so, why are there so many dead set against Hillary or Obamas plan to GET them help, or any national health care initiative?

I happen to think it criminal that we have citizens like the above mentioned without access to medical care. How is BubbaKat ever going to dig out of $90,000.00 in debt that will never decrease. Does he or his wife deserve it? Have they spent a lifetime sponging off the system? I think not. That's all this liberal has to say lest this get tossed over to High Intensity.... Build a democracy for Iraq at a cost of 6 billion dollars per year but to heck with our own citizens. Makes me sick.

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    There is a real problem in DC when we (Americans) are put in the back of the line.
    Bill

19. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Shawn, I think I'm safe in saying that some may feel that way and some like me do not. We all empathize with each of them. I do not know Bubbacat's financial situation to speak on it but it sounds like Mac's friend gambled that he would not need insurance so he didn't purchase any. That aparrently was a not a wise decision in hind site.

What I for one (not speaking for them) am upset about is the fact that there is a government funded program in place were IL-DAMN-LEGAL immigrants qualify for medical help and this gentlemen, a born here tax paying citizen, does not. It is quite likely that were this gentlemens tax dollars not going to pay for said program and were left in his own pocket, he could have purchased his own insurance, or atleast would be in a better place financially to pay for this medical problem.

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I'm with you Colt. It burns me to see hard working people without access. It is wrong. Illegals have NO business getting treatment before an American Citizen. This is one of the major problems with Welfare. When you are on Welfare you get a medical card. It takes a pretty decent job and some pride to get off the dole.

I look at how I live and the stresses, and sometimes I wonder.... a house trailer near the river a little john boat and a fishin rod or two.... OK I only wonder for a little while. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't work.