Houston area advice, anyone?

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by joecatfish, Apr 28, 2006.

1. joecatfish

joecatfish New Member

State:
    TX
    I MIGHT actually get to go fishing this saturday (a rarity for me these days), because it will probably be raining on and off. Any suggestions of where to go in the general vicinity of Houston TX? Probably be bank fishing only. No boat. Not asking to give up your private, secret honey hole or anything. Just a place where I can catch some fish.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. oldnndway

oldnndway New Member

State:
    Texas
    Man Joe, I been watching this thread all day wondering if anyone would pass on a spot to you.

I'm not anywhere around Houston...about 150 miles.
    I guess it depends which side of town you're on.

There is a lot of water on the east and north-east side (San Jacinto, Trinity rivers, Lake Houston and the Galveston Bay system....shoot they is a BUNCH of water south and south-east of you (but it's salty).

Oughta be a place to squat somewhere along there.

Anyway, good luck on where ever you decide to go and come back on here and let us know how you did.

3. OUTLAW

OUTLAW New Member

State:
    texas
    I think the cats are on the bulkheads in Conroe. Not sure of any bank places that might pay out unless Anchorage or other marina's will let you fish from their pier/bank.
    I think there is bank fishing from under the 1097 bridge on Conroe by the public boat ramp. I've heard of people fishing the rock under there and doing pretty good.
    If you're on the west side of town the fishing show on 610 has been praising a marina on Somerville that's doing good on Crappie and cats but I'm not sure how far that is from ya.
    good luck

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Can't promise you'll hang a fish, but a pretty good area for bank fishing is on the Luce Bayou wing of Lake Houston. From downtown, go North on US 59 (that's toward Humble and Cleveland), exit FM 1960 at Humble and turn right. It may be about 10 miles or so, but keep going east on 1960, you'll cross Lake Houston (can't fish from the bridge anymore), go on until you come to FM 2100, turn left at the light. You'll go about 3 miles and come to a bridge across water, that's Luce Bayou. Immediately after the bridge, you can turn off to go down below the bridge. There, you'll have at least a 1/4 mile of bank fishing area.

One word of caution, if it looks like rain or has rained heavily in the last 24 hours, don't park your vehicle down below the bridge area. It can get slicker than chicken poop if it rains hard and you may get stuck. Park up by the road. Of course, that's all meaningless if you have 4wd and know how to handle slick goop.

5. joecatfish

joecatfish New Member

State:
    TX