Housework, another discussion

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jun 9, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I clean my house everyday, which includes vacuming, dusting, moping floors cleaning bathromms etc...I am a total neat freak..My wife dont care but she does not understand it,,I told he I wanted our house to look as if you were expecting a visit from the president at any moment, do I need help.

2. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    LMAO...my fiance is obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning. I dont have a choice. I'm constantly cleaning.

3. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I tend to do my cleaning in bursts. I'll clean up a bunch one day then not touch anything but the basics (dishes, laundry etc.) for a week. I guess it's really more organizing and de-cluttering then anything. I live in a big old house - the old family house. So half the crap in it isn't even mine anyway.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    IMHO, Yes. Use that time to fish, hunt, live life. Whatever. STOP cleaning...........it will still be here a 100 years from now. Same old dirt, still here, and we're gone.

Live with it. When we are gone, we are gone. Why waste time cleaning? I only occupy this earth for a short time, as do you. Think about it.

My home is lived in. Occupied. By crazy old me.

5. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    nothing wrong with being clean. let me tell ya....i go into peoples house everyday.....some rich and some poor......there are dirty rich people and dirty poor people. me, i like to live clean, but not spotless.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Look at it this way Jack. You are ready for when the "PREZ" does arrive. LOL! You may be takein that "BE PREPARED" boyscout motto a bit far. LOL!

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like a clean, neat house and I do all the vacuuming. My wife does a excellent job of keeping the house clean. And she is more into cleaning than me. But I like everything clean and neat, including shop, yard, vehicles, boats, etc.
    I can't stand a mess like some people live in.

Strange.. our kids and grandkids are just the opposite.
    Just shows we all have different priorities. (but I really think they are lazy) :big_smile:

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Jack maybe you should ask Dr. Sallaby. If he can't answer your question nobody can.:wink:

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Nothing wrong with being a clean freak lol. You should see the way I keep my pete it looks like it just rolled off the dealership. I feel (for me anyways) that when I pull into a dock to load or unload it just makes a good impression and when I am rolling down the hiway. Plus it makes it eaiser to maintain when its kept clean. Same thing with a house If you clean everyday its just nicer never have to say dont mind the house when company pops over when not expected etc. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they keep thier house or vehicle.

10. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Hey, it's your house/garage/boat/yard... etc. If it gives you personal pride and pleasure then clean till your little hearts content.

Personally, my house is a home. We live there, and anybody that walks in the door can plainly see that. I don't like filth, but at the same time, we are not expecting a visit from the Pres. anytime in the near future.

Question on yard work:
    Is there something I can spray on my lawn to keep the grass from growing? Cutting it each week is sure cutting into my free time! LOL

I'm one of those people that is happy if my lawn is all one color. Green, yellow, brown... it's all the same to me.

11. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Question on yard work:
    Is there something I can spray on my lawn to keep the grass from growing? Cutting it each week is sure cutting into my free time! LOL

I'm one of those people that is happy if my lawn is all one color. Green, yellow, brown... it's all the same to me.[/QUOTE]

The next time it is going to be 90 degrees, cut your lawn as low as possible the morning of or something. Like an inch. I think, but don't quite remember, that you have to water the hell out of it right after cutting it. I might be wrong on that step. Your lawn should quickly burn up and dry out when the heat kicks in. You will have a nice brown lawn that is a couple of inches long that you shouldn't have to worry about cutting the rest of the year.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    No you dont need help, seems like you got it under control
    I would appreciate your help on helping me clean my house.:smile2:

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Roundup?:lol:

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I prefer a clean abode however, if the President did come over- a dirty cluttered ol' garage would be too good for em'! Did I mension I'm not a big fan of Pres. Bush?
    I wish my wife would take a shine to the dishes once in awhile but shae does laundry so thats a definate plus! LOL!

15. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    With the kids constantly messing things up you can come here Jack. I NEED HELP!:lol:

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

The next time it is going to be 90 degrees, cut your lawn as low as possible the morning of or something. Like an inch. I think, but don't quite remember, that you have to water the hell out of it right after cutting it. I might be wrong on that step. Your lawn should quickly burn up and dry out when the heat kicks in. You will have a nice brown lawn that is a couple of inches long that you shouldn't have to worry about cutting the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

YEP, that works, just scalp it. I did it to Mom's last year and she fussed but hey saved me from mowing so much. LOL. May do it again, as much as it rains here, it's a twice a week job that gets done once if I'm lucky.

Jack, I don't mean live in filth, I mean chill out a little. Dust once a week, that's a start to wean you of your OCD for cleaning. Then work towards scheduling what else you do when but NOT every day. Lord, how do you work, fish and sleep AND clean? LOL

17. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Very disconcerting, border line strange, how men are at fault for a home that appears to be lived in. My truck is clean, my boat is clean, my garage is somewhat clean? So what if I missed that buzzer shot from half court...I mean come on how hard is it to pick up a couple sox that almost put the game in overtime? After 30 years with my BETTER half what ever she needs I'll do except give up that last shot.:amazed: :waaaht:
    Don

18. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I am a terrible horder, I have so much stuff laying around and I keep bringing in more all the time. My wife and daughter are also. I do the outside things usually one small thing each night and then on Sat. a little more. Everyday there is dishes, laundry, cooking going on also. Hey other than that I choose to fish, that and there are a bunch of nasty varmints living in our house. I grew up on the farm, (people live inside, varmints live outside), that is my upbringing. Wife grew up in a house like a zoo, dogs, birds, gator, monkey's. It's driving me nuts but I love my family, so I just put up with it.

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "Clean is as clean does" as Forest Gump's mother would say. lol
    Jack what are you afraid of?Germs,disease,ridacule or what? Give it a break, every day is just to much. Try cutting down to three times a week and see how you feel. I think there is more behind this than just wanting to keep things neat. You may have an issue that you don't recognize and this is one way you deal with it. Ask your self why, you know the answer. Good luck brother.:smile2:

20. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    you may very well destroy most everything in your life that is important to you. Your wife may say she doesn't care but it will overcome her in time. Try to overcome this. I think you can do it. You already know it is not right thats why you made the post. At times We reach out for help in ways we don't even understand our self.

if needed replace it with the fishing disorder most of us suffer from. LOL

Good luck, Danny