Household Bank & their telemarketers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 8, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Every two days, they call "This is Household Bank you can sign up Account Secured Plus" etc....... Every two days, I say "No". I've been having fun w/ them lately. I try to see how long I can keep them on the phone. I just did pretty good. 43 minutes. SWEET! I just keep repeating myself and ask them to repeat theirselves. Poor guys/gals their english is so bad it take them so long to repeat theirself. :rolleyes:

I had this poor lady thinking I was on disability because a catfish the size of a car bit my leg off while I was diving under the water trying to weld a part to the iron bridge that crosses the Ohio River. That didnt faze her, she kept going. After another 20 minutes I said "That sounds good & I could probally afford it if we find the treasure at the end of the rainbow that we've been searching for on our days off"..... Again not fazed, I said "Hang on my unicorn is barking"..... You guessed it, not fazed. Finally I said I gotta go talk about this on the BOC.... and had to hang up.

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hahaha your just not right there mellon somethings wrong with you hehe way to mice to them :p I had this company calling me every couple of days wanting to sell me a website I finnaly got tired of telling them no so I just started blating one of them air horns in the phone and after 4 times the calls stopped.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    One thing CAN phase them and does..anytime a bank calls me with that crap I ask them to remove me from their telemarketing list....no more calls!;)

4. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    But Ken,

Aint no fun in that!!! Try to immagine how boring their lives are. Making all those phone call, hour after hour, day after day. Just like Brother Mellon, I feel obligated to lift their spirits up some.

I think it was two or three years ago, a guy got a call from a telemarketer and the guy put on a big act, like he had just kill his wife and was trying to cut up her body. Got the telemarketer ALL messed up. And the guy recorded it!!! Hehehehehe

Mike

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Well Mike by doing it my way it stopped the calls...now I get more snail mail from them....which I use to help start my campfire in the back yard...LOL.;)

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    tell them that you need their home phone number and when they say they can't do that you say, Oh I see you don't like people calling you at home to sell you something, I fell the same way, ( click )

heres another I use

I tell them that I must have the name,number and address of the person that provided them my phone number because I own my name and I require payment when someone uses it, By the way what did you say your name was? I will need your address also for billing purpose.

The second one I like best.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Hmmmm. My evil mind is working overtime. There are phone numbers that charge you a certain amount per minute if you call them; there are phone numbers that automatically automatically add a fixed amount to your phone bill if you call them. Seems like there should be some way to rig something up that automatically charges THEIR phone bill when they call you. ;)

8. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    If I'm feeling particulary ornery when one calls , and asks for me, I'll say "Just a minute I'll get him , he's outside. I walk off for a while, if they are still on line, I'll ask if he picked up? Well wait a minute I'll tell him again.. some times after as much as an hour of this nonsense, I'll come back on the phone and say, "I'm sorry, I forgot this is Tue. (or whichever it is) and he doesn't accept calls on Tue.

I's the old story of if you're picking on me, you're leaving someone else alone.

I also will tell a telemarketer I'm not interested, as soon as he says "yes but!" I lay the phone down and let him talk to him self for a while. Sometimes it makes for an interesting day. I may have to try the routine about killing the wife and cutting her up.. "Hey pal do you know any way to get blood out of carpet? What's the strongest trashbags made? Yeah I can make that work:) :)

9. dixiedrifter

dixiedrifter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nothing like giving them a good blast from a CO2 powered air horn.

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Actually I found out from some friends who were the callers from these places that if you tell them your unemployed and going through bancruptcyand would love one of those cards ASAP, that they have to quickly end the call from there end. Usually they just hang up on me!! It works, trust me!:p

Salmonid