Houseboat supply list

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by plumbertom1, Feb 25, 2007.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I think it will be helpful for all to start a list of what everyone is planning on bringing along.
    I know it will help me and will avoid too much duplication.
    I suggest you post a list of food items and a separate list of Bait and hardware. Then we can adjust for what we have too much of and not enough of.
    I don't have anything yet so I'm just going to wait and see what I may be able to fill in with.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Right on Tom..... I'm going to call the marina today and get you authorized for the "check in".

I need to finalize if Robb is going.... he is in for a "small deposit" and I believe that Paul Shook is going... and I'd rather get the funds prior to departure....

It might be best to do the "list" off the BOC or at least on PM's to keep things "cleaned up". I don"t believe Jaime has email at home?

I believe that you will have the most "time" to compile the list and if you'll vollunteer for that that would be appreciated....

Jaime has mentioned some food items, and Bert has spoken about the fuel for the houseboat??? If so, that would free up some $$ for an upgrade for more bed space ($400)...I'll be in and out today and you check later.

bayrunner ray

3. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Well Ray, I was thinking if it was listed on the open forum each person could see what every other person was planing and make adjustments as needed.
    It should avoid the need for someone to compile a list. I don't mind doing it but if it's open to everyone going it should be self regulating.
    Any duplications can be avoided and I can compile a separate list to help keep track.
    Also everyone could see what was planed and if there was something that someone didn't want to eat or can't eat (like me being diabetic and not eating things with a lot of processed sugar) they could make sure they had that meal covered.

Anyone can PM me with their list and I'll try to keep things straight. And help make adjustments where needed.

I am going to need a semi-final head count in the next few days so we will know how many to plan for.

About Jaime's email situation I have not a clue.

4. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Tom, just got of the line to talking to Robb (daystarchis) about the March 9,10,11,12th "Deltalover Houseboat Gathering" and he's in for two nights, and three days. He's bringing some hardwood bundles for the fire barrel,to add to the matchlite that you are bringing....... and will do some of the food thing.

There are eight of us at this time.... Ray, Tom, Bert, Vini, Robb, Lindsay, Paul, Jaime, and of corse there will be the guest of honor...Phillip "Deltalover" Gaines..........("in loving memory of our departed BOC buddy")

Glad to hear that you'll compile the list of the equipment and staples etc........I'll be busy with preping the two boats that I am bringing, and planning for my substitute at school.

I just got you authorized to "sign us in" with the houseboat rental....

Boy, the gal that I was talking with says that it's cold up at Shasta Lake where she was talking from..... She comes from a fishing family and was glad to hear about the BOC site as she has many other fisherman friends out here and in Louisianna.

I called in the "upgrade" to the "summit 10 sleeper" and we could get twelve into beds if needed......

I'd sure like to get some additional folks to join us for the "GATHERING PARTY" that we are going to have........

GOT MORE ROOM FOLKS..... COME AND JOIN US.......

I can pick you up Saturday at Tiki Lagun Marina (near Tracey) and then you can fish with us for the day and party that night, and I'll ferry you back to Tiki on Sunday or Monday, as we will return to Paradise Marina by going back by way of Tiki on Monday......

So.... if anyone wants to get into this gathering... PM me or Plumbertom1 and reserve your spot for sat night. We are in the Heart of the San Jouquin Delta.....next to Mildred Island... (a lake) on Latham Slough......on the San Jouquin River.......

Picture yourself in the following pics enjoying yourself ....
    ...Fishing and catching

bayrunner ray

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    O.K. I will take a stab at my list.....

2 camp chairs.
    15 pounds of sardines
    7-8 pounds of shad
    marine battery/ charger
    8 dozen eggs
    chorizo
    tortillas
    1 cooking pan
    1 spatula
    3 rolls of paper towels
    1 good luck charm to ensure me the biggest fish
    1 safety line to tie on Robb

I'll bring my own drinks, lunch, and fishing supplies.

Linz

6. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Right on Linz...... like your style.... I was thinking of an automatic life preserver for Robb.... but the safety line can also be use to hang his laundry on when he gets em wet.....

We are well stocked with the pots and pans... I'm sure that I sent the list of what they have on board for use....

I've got the "fish cleaning station" and pole holders for everyone (on the houseboat), 4 foot folding table, and a container for use a a live well with pump and airerator.....gps,depth/fishfinder, enlarged maps of the area that we will be in, 2 deep cycles for the above.
    A 12' gang plank for getting to the shore from the house boat. Going to bring the "food saver" to take care of the catch.

Anyone got a big net that can be used on the houseboat?

bayrunner ray

7. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Does any one have net for shad in case we run across some? The regs for the lakes around here are no for dip nets with a short handle and opening no larger than 12". I don't know if they are different in the delta area.

8. gilmafam

State:
    California

Tom.... almost forgot.... got one to use a Nacimiento.... I'll bring it and the other one that may be disputable.....

9. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    I have a cast net.....but I'm pretty sure they are illegal to use. I never could get the hang of casting the darn thing anyway! I have three nets, but none of them are very big, nor do they have very long of handles. I'll bring one anyway.
    Linz

10. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Lind, cast nets are illegal to use in California except in the Colorado River, and possession while fishing is considered proof of use
    I know someone who was convicted and had to pay a fine because he forgot it was in his boat.

11. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Well then.....I definately won't be bringing my cast net!

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I will bring the following:
    1. med size duffel (extra clothing, pillow, towel, coat, ect...)
    2. back pack
    3. sleeping bag
    4. bag chair
    5. 1 or 2 colman lanterns (Let me know how man Tom)
    6. Tackle Box
    7. Stink Bait Bag :tounge_out:
    8. Spot light
    9. Vinces 2 burner heater and my propane bottle.
    10. Bait
    11. First Aid kit
    12. 1-2 bundles of wood
    13. Lots of 1-3 oz. egg sinkers (curtisy of Centralcalcat)

Food/ ECT.....

BREAKFAST FOR 2nd DAY..... Menu
    Oatmill
    Grits
    Raisin Bran (any suggestion of cereals?)
    Wheaties (breakfast of champions):wink:
    1 or 2 gal milk (any suggestions)?
    Coffee (couple lbs.)
    Coffee filters
    Coffee creamer
    Sugar and sweet n low

Things I have xtra of that I can bring if needed

Colman stove
    air mattress
    sm and lg tent
    marine battery
    5ft net with 20 ft extension
    8x8 EZ up

Well this is a start. Let me know what to add or delete Tom if there is a duplication. Also any suggestion on the cerals? Is this OK with ya'll? Would you all prefer warm cooked breakfast? Makes no difference:smile2:

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca

Hey Ray,
    "I got the net that we will need on that houesboat". :0a23:
    The list that you sent out to me of the suppies on the houseboat, pertty much has all of the items that I would have thought about bringing with me. But like you said, I will pay for a good amout of the Gas for the houseboat because I just want this, and I will help out in anyway that I can.

Hey linz,
    Let me know if you need me to bring one (or more) of those coolers with me.

Oh yea - I know that I ask you before :embarassed: , but what are your days off again? Or you can call me at anytime, and we will touch bases on other suppies. That also goes for any of my other brothers going to the "Party on the Delta"!
    :0a22: ("The time is almost here guys" :wink: )

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey.....4 of us are online:tounge_out: :wink: :cool2:

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,
    From what I see......All of the guys are trying to:
    "Geter Done"!LoL

Take it easy,

Bert & Phil

16. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Bert.... are you any good at deep frying fish.... I m bringing a big pot pan that can be used as a deep fryer...... Needs some oil and tongs etc to take out the fish, as well as some batter or something....?? They have a 3 piece bbq set of utensils... would that have tongs?

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Well Ray....My cooking skill are so bad :embarassed: ....Well....Just say/That's why I always live next to a Firehouse.
    LoL:happy:
    That's my wife's Dept. / But I think I can come-up with those "tongs" for us.

Take it easy,

Bert & Phil

18. gilmafam

State:
    California

Ok..... I will do the deep fry...Maybe we can plan for that for Friday evening ...........Robb wants to do trout that way??? I guess it might work.... So Bert, I'll bring my deep fry equipment.... tongs... basket laddle and the fixings...I have some eight lbs of "white bass" that looks like it survived in the food saver........ thats what the deep fry is for......LOL

bayrunner ray

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Tom,

Like yourself, I too am a "Diabetic", & I have to watch my sugar intake & montior it as well. So I'll make sure that we have a box of are own type of sugar (If you know what I mean :wink: ), so what brand do you like? Me myself I like "Splenda" and I was going to bring a box anyway. It you don't like the Splenda, I will make sure that bring a box of the kind you do like Buddy.
    :big_smile_2:

Take it easy,

Bert & Phil

20. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Bert, Splenda is my preferred sweetener. About the only time I use it is on my morning Cheerios or Oatmeal. I drink my coffee black and my tea unsweetened. Always have, even before the diabetes came along.