hottest hot sauce?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Quint, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I would have to say Dave's Insanity! Any other opinions?

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Dave's is the hottest I've ever tried and is way to hot for me to eat again. There are a bunch out there that are much much hotter though, I don't dare ever try them, can't imagine.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Hottest sauce is misleading, could be a high % of Cap. Whats the hottest pepper? Personally I like a bit hotter than a jalapeno, hotter than that just aint got taste.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well as for sauce with extracts daves is hot. but pure sauce. i got some red savina and garlic from texas select seasonings. its good flavored and 2 drops on eggs will eat ya up. i like hot but not from extracts.

and ozzy. im growing the b-hut jolokia now. got seads started a while back. 5,000 times hotter than jalepenos. doulbe the heat of red savina. its 1,000,000+ scovilles and currently the worlds hottest pepper acording to guiness.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama

If your growing those you may want to consider a cast iron commode while doing your bathroom renovation....:eek:oooh:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got one with a refriderated tank.:smile2:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have tried Daves ,I thought it was real good ,My brother in law works as a tool pusher for Nabors drilling and he gave me a bottle,I checked thier website an NOW I know why thats the only place you ever see it .That stuff is outta site pricewise.

8. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    or stainless steel :big_smile: :cool2:

9. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I don't know which is considered the hottest, but "Dave's Insanity" is plenty hot enough for me!

Have you ever shined an old penny with it? Works great!:smile2:

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've tried lots of different hot sauces and I have to say Daves is pretty hot. I have some of the( Daves insanity) and( Daves temporary insanity) . I really like the taste of some of the green sauces on the market now. Good heat and real good flavor.:smile2:

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Don't remember the name, but I remember seeing one advertised that wasn't actually a sauce, but granules, about like salt. You used tweezers to put ONE granule into a POT of food.

12. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Take a look at chilepepper.com . Its the web site for the best pepper magazine I have found yet.. The March issue is centered around HOT SAUCES..

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jerry, that just sounds to hot to handle! lol:eek:oooh::crazy:

14. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
  15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Aint got to worrie about bugs in that garden. Man thats hot. Im a wimp nowadays. I got a bunch of peppers started, Ill see if I have a green thumb or not. I gotta grow them in pots on my balcony cause I live in an apartment. A week old from seed but looking good so far.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Those last two look pretty wicked! lol.:crazy:

I'm not in to killer hot any more although I will try your hottest for fun. I make my own now from red jalapeƱos, salt, garlic and vinegar. Beats the heck out of all those store bought pretty label things.

17. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Netman. Any particular way you put your recipe for home made sauce together. I am growing some peppers this year and would like to make some suace out of them. Just wondering?

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive never made sauce but for salsa heres my recipe. hot peppers, onions, cilantro, garlic and salt. No more no less.

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad to tell ya. Let the peppers get red. The longer they are red on the plant the sweeter they get, for a hot pepper that is. The flavor is much better than the green. I wash them then cut in one or two pieces. leave the seeds, but remove the stems. Put them in a pot with just enough water to start the juices flowing. I cook them until soft. Put them through some type of food mill to remove seeds and skin. Put the pulp in a blender and add a few cloves of garlic, salt to taste, vinegar and water according to the amount you have. The water thins it. I like mine on the heaver side. I can tell the amount of vinegar by smelling and tasting. It may be strong at the beginning but will cook out. Check out some catchup recipes for a comparison. I put mine up in antique medicine bottles and seal with a cork and wax. Poor into sterile bottles while still hot. It will keep for a year or more. Once opened if you don't use it up fast like I do refrigerate it. Sometimes I throw in some red salsa peppers to heat it up alittle. I'm sure you will have fun and it dosen't take long.

20. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    There is a couple of chain discount department stores, Marshalls and Ross that carry Dave's quite often at a cheep price.