hotdogs

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by CATFISH HUNTER61, Mar 8, 2008.

1. CATFISH HUNTER61

CATFISH HUNTER61 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    has any one used hotdogs and coolaid for cats?

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Not hotdogs and kool-aid. I have used plain hot dogs and hot dogs soaked in garlic salt - caught small cats on both.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've used hot dogs on some jugs before. Blues and white cats seem to like them but i don't think a flathead would bite it unless the current was moving it around.

4. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been using hotdogs for years, soaked them in garlic salt/powder, cheese powder, onion powder, even soaked them in the left over juice from chicken livers. They always have produced nice sized eatin cats for me.

5. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I have heard of people using them for bait with real good success.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I used hot dogs, they worked pretty good for me. I've never added garlic or coolaid tho. I"m plannin on tryin that next.

7. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I use them, but haven't tried cool aid.... They are an easy bait to use when jug fishing, I think. It's usually a little windy and hectic when chasing jugs, and if they are biting good, I have a hard time getting them all baited and in the water before I have to go run one down. The fish get tangled up if I don't get to 'em fast enough.
    I get the cheap red ones, doctor them up with garlic and so forth, and generally put some olive oil in there after they've soaked some. I think it leaks out some after it is in the water.
    I am trying a new secret recipe and I think it will work well. If it does, I will tell ya'll. Hope to get some time to try it out....:confused2:

8. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    I've always wanted to try them but I end up eating the dang things myself.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

9. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    i cook my weenies a little just totugg them up. then i cut then into 2 inch pieces, and throw in a empty gallon pickle jar. after you get as mant as you want in the jar, then i pour about a quart of anise oil. i then pour a likke red food coloring, i like crushing 2 cloves of garlic in the too. i usakkt leave it in the sun for a while. after that your readt to figh, adter you use it. be sure to store it in a cool play.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Never tried it myself. I prefer fresh bait, although I must confess there have been alot of days where I would have tried anything. Maybe hotdogs would have worked well.

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HOT DOGS soaked in red Koolaide and garlic will not rot and will not draw flys. LOL I have a square plastic tub with them in the boat every year we go to TN for a week to 10 days. No joke after a week in the sun, cool nights those things are as good after 1 day as 10. Kinda Scary, eating things that don't rot or draw flys. lol

12. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:cool2:

13. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc you will love it:smile2:

14. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to the best site:cool2:

15. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Personally, I have the best luck on the Oscar Mayer cheesedogs. I think this may have something to do with the 500 milligrams of sodium they have.:eek:oooh:

16. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I like mine with slaw.:smile2:

17. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use hotdogs or cheese hotdogs totally covered in garlic powder once in a while, i stay away from the koolaid, it attracts the carp too easily where i fish...

18. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I have used hot dogs and cool aids, I have tryed all kinds of different types of coolaids on the hot dogs the ones I have had the most luck with is Cherry flavored and Grape, there good channel baits, keep us posted letting us know how you do.

19. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    hot dogs work for me i use a treble hook to keep them on rick

20. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    thanks for them tips:smile2: