Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use them, but haven't tried cool aid.... They are an easy bait to use when jug fishing, I think. It's usually a little windy and hectic when chasing jugs, and if they are biting good, I have a hard time getting them all baited and in the water before I have to go run one down. The fish get tangled up if I don't get to 'em fast enough.
I get the cheap red ones, doctor them up with garlic and so forth, and generally put some olive oil in there after they've soaked some. I think it leaks out some after it is in the water.
I am trying a new secret recipe and I think it will work well. If it does, I will tell ya'll. Hope to get some time to try it out....:confused2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
i cook my weenies a little just totugg them up. then i cut then into 2 inch pieces, and throw in a empty gallon pickle jar. after you get as mant as you want in the jar, then i pour about a quart of anise oil. i then pour a likke red food coloring, i like crushing 2 cloves of garlic in the too. i usakkt leave it in the sun for a while. after that your readt to figh, adter you use it. be sure to store it in a cool play.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
HOT DOGS soaked in red Koolaide and garlic will not rot and will not draw flys. LOL I have a square plastic tub with them in the boat every year we go to TN for a week to 10 days. No joke after a week in the sun, cool nights those things are as good after 1 day as 10. Kinda Scary, eating things that don't rot or draw flys. lol

·
Registered
913 Posts
I use them, but haven't tried cool aid.... They are an easy bait to use when jug fishing, I think. It's usually a little windy and hectic when chasing jugs, and if they are biting good, I have a hard time getting them all baited and in the water before I have to go run one down. The fish get tangled up if I don't get to 'em fast enough.
I get the cheap red ones, doctor them up with garlic and so forth, and generally put some olive oil in there after they've soaked some. I think it leaks out some after it is in the water.
I am trying a new secret recipe and I think it will work well. If it does, I will tell ya'll. Hope to get some time to try it out....:confused2:
welcome to the best site:cool2:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hey I have used hot dogs and cool aids, I have tryed all kinds of different types of coolaids on the hot dogs the ones I have had the most luck with is Cherry flavored and Grape, there good channel baits, keep us posted letting us know how you do.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i cook my weenies a little just totugg them up. then i cut then into 2 inch pieces, and throw in a empty gallon pickle jar. after you get as mant as you want in the jar, then i pour about a quart of anise oil. i then pour a likke red food coloring, i like crushing 2 cloves of garlic in the too. i usakkt leave it in the sun for a while. after that your readt to figh, adter you use it. be sure to store it in a cool play.
thanks for them tips:smile2:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.