Hot Weather On the Way!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Flatheadhunter33, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well...while the rest of the nation is suffering from snow and slush, we are looking to get into some hot weather! Forecast says that were looking to get into the mid 80's this week with lows in the mid 50's...anybody think that the cats might stir up a little?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dameon if you have that heat for there days in a row the cats should get active. Send some of that nice weather to So. Illinois.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Micky dont be a hawg we will take some that nice weather here in southern Iowa too:wink:You get some nice days in the line like that yer bound to see some action....Hell Yeah!

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im gonna take advantage of it while I can. Did some stuff to get the boat ready today and Im planning to hit the water later in the week if the weather holds up.

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I sure hope so Dameon. I can't wait for warmer weather and the catfishin to pick up. Tight lines.

:cool2:

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    The flats bit pretty well through the winter:roll_eyes:... But this weekend is looking pretty good also. I would still fish them deep, - 20-30 ft.

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sure had a nice day here,,, almost 80 in Central AZ!!! We're planning on trying to get to the river this weekend and see how it goes, if we can make it..
    Got a call from Chris-Jagdoctor and he said the river was starting to come up nicely also..
    Went over a few times between Thanksgiving and January, and didn't have any luck in the main channel, but, as we are planning on taking the boat, we will be fishing the river, so, hope they are Active!!

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    weather hit 88 on my back porch in shade here in yuma sunday. i'd head out myself to river, but started on boat project and it's down for awhile. R&Ring all the wood, carpet, rebuilding walk through windshield.
    here's a link to what it looks like as of saturday.
    http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3150/boat2z.jpg
    hope to finish it in a couple of weeks and hit the water.
    gary

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Gary,
    Is that a boat you already had, or did you pick up a project,,, Cause it sure looks like one..!!
    Good luck with it,, And, yea, the warmer weather is sure an encouraging sign!!!
    This year I want to close the gap between where I've been fishing and points south on the river,,, I got access to a 16" aluminum boat, and motor, so, will be able to venture into "uncharted" waters!!!!!

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Man oh man is it river time:haha::0a24: I'll be down there this weekend myself. Greg look me up if ya got time, were ya thinking about launching from? Got no real plans but to get on the water someplace myself. Got my trailer at Hidden Beaches at the East end of 6th ave, its straight across from the launch ramp access road, Cherokee trailer and if I'm around should be a Chevy crew cab sitting near by. ya can try calling but there's time's it wont work out there 951 218 4363, be there Thurs nite and going home Mon:wink: nite:wink:

Attached Files:

11. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey Gary give a holler if ya need hand with the winder, got a full on sheet metal shop sitting here could make a nice frame for you from a cardboard template:wink:

Greg got the same Ideer coming this year, plan is to head out of Walter's camp and head south 5 er 10 miles :wink:

12. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Dale, Thx, If we get over that way, will probably be Fri afternoonish,,,
    Regarding the southern exploration, that was my thoughts exactly,,, Still kinda doing the shakedown on the boat,,, New experience for us..

13. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks for the offer dale. got a friends that already got the frame together for me. just have to get the rug on the wood portion then mount the window and frame to it.
    keeping the same design, just widened up the walk through by 2 inches.
    gary

14. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Greg, it's my same boat. it's a 93 and inside was overdue some TLC.
    i just didn't think this warm weather was gonna hit us this fast. :crazy:
    gary

15. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    almost got the cat boat done. gonna finish putting in the rod holders tonight, throw the batts on the charger, and then crank up the motor later this week. just making sure i have all my ducks in a row before i take it out on the water. might take it out to mittry later this weekend and see ho water worthy she is. if she hold up i might try my luck out there and see what i can snag. hawkins, if you wanna go out let me know. i will be down to take her out for sure next weekend (depending how she does this weekend).

16. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I am all over it guys. Damn I'm itching bad.. I hope it's an active start to the beginning of the season. I'll probably get out some tonight...

P.S. did anyone notice Snagged2/Greg is planning on hitting the river in a 16" (inch) boat? and I thought my 12' (foot) boat was small..:smile2:

17. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Wow, my punctuation is atrocious,,,,:eek:oooh: I thought she said it was 16' .........something,,
    Idunnowhatiwasthinkin....:smile2:
    Give us a motivational report of conditions on the Main channel....The temps are looking encouraging!!!

18. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I'm sorry bro... with my current situation.. I can be a smart ass but can't seem to get out there and fish much. This afternoon I found out that the bluegill are moving.. That is a good sign for me. They were difficult to catch but they were there. The girls and I are going for a bit in the am before school so not sure what will happen but I promise I will muster the strength to get some damn fishing done.. I truly can't stand this damn job and it breaks me physically and mentally. I might just launch my website and say screw it! See what happens while I still have some family support.. that's not my style but .. jeeze I lost my temper twice today........ and on top of that had no energy to fish tonight...

19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Bro, If you gotta bust a move, do it on your terms,,, these days,, a bad job is better than no job....
    Will let you know on our timeframe for trying to hit the river,, will prolly be Fridayish,,,, as usual...
    Gonna spend some time getting the junk together , and head out ,,,!!:wink:

20. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just found out last night that I gotta work this weekend...:beat_brick:...I started working nights this week and usually have Friday and Saturday off and go in Sunday-Thursday night. Got an inspection coming up so everyone has to put in some extra. Im gonna try some wheeling and dealing at work and see if I can pull off some magic:cool2:.