Hot Weather - How will this affect my catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jailcop2, Jul 9, 2006.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hi everyone it's in the mid 80's here in s/w Iowa but is supposed to be up around 100 degree's by the weekend . What will this do to the catfishing ?
    Thanks
    Brian

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    It's HOT in Texas too brother. Just do what John said and you'll do fine.

:big_smile: :big_smile:

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    He is right find the deepest holes and fish them in the day time. Night time is better anyway, better fishing and no sunburn.

4. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thanks guys think if all goes well I'll hit the Missouri with a couple new liver experiments I'm trying . Will let you know . Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks
    Brian

5. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    its hot here in kentucky too.....if you're going during the daytime.....which i would NOT advise at all.....you'll need to go deep like has already been previously stated but at night is when magic happens. the cats love to chase bait up close to shore. the weather is doing one thing to my catfishing, and that is pushing it to being nocturnal. i refuse to go in the afternoon nowadays

6. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    Actually, they are correct in saying fish deep during the day, but they failed to mention one very important thing. When you find a deep hole to fish in, make sure it a steep drop off near the bank so you can camp right under the biggest shade tree available!!! :big_smile:

7. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    If your fishing a lake dont fish any deeper than the thermocline our you will be missing a lot of fish. Here in texas its hot but usually the thermacline isnt the deepest part of the lake.

8. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    fish at night...better bites and more comfortable...till the skeeters come out:cool2:

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have seen everyone saying fish at night but you can fish early mornig hours also from about 3am untill it gets hot.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Just be sure to DRINK lots of water heh... Fishing in the heat can be tough on the body..

11. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    sounds to me like its time to bring out the moonscreen and hit the waters at night... If your limited to the day make sure you carry either a big bottle of water... or water purification tablets (cheapest solution out there, rather then filters which can cost upto and over $100)... also cheap golf umbrellas in a modified sand spike or a tall rod holder will help out a little... just be safe and don't over do it...