Hot weather catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by hobocatfisher, May 25, 2006.

1. hobocatfisher

hobocatfisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looking for suggestions on how to's catch catfish in the hot temperatures? What bait's work best and what method's work for you?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Usually try and stay out of hot weather, fat people sweat alot. LMAO But when I go I use stink bait for channels, get good results with that. Good luck on the water.

3. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I just caught a nice little flatie fishing mid day in the the arizona heat, i caught this nice blue gill and it started bleeding so i thought I'd hook him up before it died. I casted it in the deepest part of this hole i fish and in no time I caught a 8lber. I'd say fish the deeper water when the sun is up and hot. they will still bite but you must locate them during the heat, I don't think they are on the move in the hot time. you have to deliver the food to them. Fish On!

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    On the Arkansas River, blues seem to roam in packs. While their roaming around seems random, they usually relating to some kind of structure, even when they're running shallow over deep water.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Try and use very foul smelling bait when it's really hot out, I don't know what it is, but that heat just makes the stink smell even stinkier. Also, flatheads can be active during hot weather, that one in my avater was caught on an evening when it was about 89 degrees in July.